• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Bullocks

President⭐⭐
Smith and Phillips back?.....BBBC out....clearly. Freddie to remain as sub to ease him back to full match fitness.

Smith
Clohessy Phillips/Prosser Cresswell Barker
Hurst Timlin Spicer Martin
Assambalonga Benyon/Tomlin

Subs; Freddie, Straker, Leonard, Bentley, Woodyard, plus 2 from Phillips, Prosser and Benyon, Tomlin

Yes, much of the team picks itself - and that is good news - very good news.

Most of the queries are around players returning from injury. I would like to see Philips, Smith and Tomlin back but their appearance on the subs bench for tonight would be good.

About time Benyon got off the mark with a cracker of a goal ..............

Didnt go to Plymouth but against Exeter Benyon was totally ineffective. Looked ok when he got the ball at his feet but just cant see him scoring. He is too small to win anything in the air, but as we werent playing overly direct that wasnt really an excuse, maybe having someone like Freddy in with him able to pick out a pass would help.

Every time freddy has the ball you just think we can create a goal scoring chance, so for me he has got to start. Benyon has had two games and done very little! It all depends on the fitness of players..

Also if we are short on the bench, would ryan hall be there? He is a southend player and did state he would play for us but at the same time wanted to further his career!?!

Would you have him back!

the assists and crosses from hall and hurst would be unbelievable..

Every time freddy has the ball you just think we can create a goal scoring chance, so for me he has got to start. Benyon has had two games and done very little! It all depends on the fitness of players..

Also if we are short on the bench, would ryan hall be there? He is a southend player and did state he would play for us but at the same time wanted to further his career!?!

Would you have him back!

the assists and crosses from hall and hurst would be unbelievable..

As long as your tall centre forward wasn't sat in the stands through suspension..................:whistling:

Smith to come back in between the sticks, nothing against bentley he has performed very well. Experience just swings it for me at the moment. Phillips in for Prosser if fully fit. And anyone up front instead of Benyon ! Totally ineffective.

I'd include Hall on bench. Wouldn't let him leave on loan. Use him, we're paying his wages after all !!! If he starts performing he can be the key man to get us promotion. Surely that is worth more than a 100/150k transfer fee.

Smith (if fit)/Bentley
Clohessy - Cresswell - Prosser - Barker
Hurst - Spicer - Timlin - Martin
Assomablonga - Eastwood

Subs: Bentley/Smith - Phillips - Coughlan - Straker - Leonard - Benyon - Tomlin(if fit)/Njie

I know we don't have much choice in CM , but just feel that Spicer needs to step it up a bit some time soon.

I know we don't have much choice in CM , but just feel that Spicer needs to step it up a bit some time soon.

Indeed, he's the weak link imo. I feel he was a panic signing, although I don't blame Sturrock as we had nothing else.

Eastwood in for Bunyon who is clearly carrying a back injury judging by the way he waddles around the pitch and the amount of K tape on his back. Why are we playing him?

Indeed, he's the weak link imo. I feel he was a panic signing, although I don't blame Sturrock as we had nothing else.

He wasnt a panic signing, he was here for ages prior to joining.

Do agree that he has been disappointing so hopefully he will pick his game up starting tomorrow.

Back