• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
What would your team be for the first game of the season? I would go for:

Bentley
White Phillips Prosser Coker
Leonard Laird Atkinson Straker
Eastwood Corr

no comment until the transfer business is sorted but that team above does not fill me with joy, add timlin and this forte bloke and its a bit better but a CB is a priority at the mo

Hoping some trialists sign...

Bentley
White Phillips Prosser Bennett
Leonard Laird Akinson Coker
Forte Eastwood

SUBS: Corr, Straker, Smith, Payne, Timlin, Nije, Pinnock

Get some pace up front with Forte and go at them! Dont think Corr or Timlin will be fit enough to start.

Be nice to add Charlie Lee into the mix before then, maybe Don Cowan and one other trialist that we have currently as that bench is looking a bit tame.

My XI would be

Bentley
Atkinson Leonard Laird Timlin
Corr desperation loanee striker

Not ideal but I can see the following being the first 11 providing Bennett, Forte and Timlin sign. It doesn't fill me with confidence.

Gk - Bentley
Rb - White
Cb - Prosser
Cb - Bennett
Lb - Coker
Rm - Atkinson
Cm - Laird
Cm - Timlin
Lm - Straker
St - Forte
St - Eastwood

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Link doesn't work, is it news that he has rejected the compensation offered to terminate his contract?

Yes, he wont accept what they were offering him. Sounds like they just wanted to cancel his contract and he wanted money from them. Our salary offer therefore not enough on its own.

Yes, he wont accept what they were offering him. Sounds like they just wanted to cancel his contract and he wanted money from them. Our salary offer therefore not enough on its own.

He has a year left on a high earning contract, so you can see it from his point of view, but if he doesn't get any first team football then it won't do him good in the long run.

Not ideal but I can see the following being the first 11 providing Bennett, Forte and Timlin sign. It doesn't feel me with confidence.

Gk - Bentley
Rb - White
Cb - Prosser
Cb - Bennett
Lb - Coker
Rm - Atkinson
Cm - Laird
Cm - Timlin
Lm - Straker
St - Forte
St - Eastwood

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Scratch below the surface of the first eleven and that's even more worrying, especially considering it's little more than a week before the new season. :omg:

yeah and hope the new players are registered as touched on yesterday. tricky game on paper with plymouth as i think they'll be marginally improved on last season.

I'd quite like to see something like this.

Bentley
Laird Timlin Leonard
Hurst
Eastwood Corr​

What would your team be for the first game of the season? I would go for:

Bentley
Leonard Laird Atkinson Straker
Eastwood Corr

Permission to poo myself?

Really can't see that team doing too much more than mid table obscurity. Big commanding centre half badly needed and still way too light up front. According to the Bradford fans, Atkinson goes missing too much in the middle so still need at least another CM imo.

I'd go for:

Bentley
Atkinson Leonard Laird Timlin
Eastwood Corr

But let's face it, tonight will be the biggest test for all involved. One good goal against Chelmsford doesn't make Straker the new Bale and a couple of goals against non league oppo doesn't mean Freddy is gonna score 20+ this season. Tonight is gonna seperate the men from the boys a little bit and it should be interesting to see who is up for it. I'm expecting the lineup for the opening game to be shaped around whoever performs tonight.

I'd quite like to see something like this.

Bentley
Laird Timlin Leonard
Hurst
Eastwood Corr​
I think Hurst has pretty much been ruled out of the season opener due to injury (and I guess lack of match fitness due to missing pre-season games). Hopefully Corr and Timlin will be fit enough to play. It will also depend on whether (or not) we sign the likes of Bennett, Clifford, Cowan and anyone else. I think I would go with:

GK - Bentley (due to Smith's lack of match fitness)
RB - White, CB - Prosser/Bennett (?) & Phillips, LB - Coker
RM - Atkinson, CM - Laird & Leonard/Clifford (?), LW - Timlin
FW - Eastwood & Corr.
Unused Squad - Smith, Auger, Pinnock, Straker, Payne, Njie, Hurst (injured), Cowan(?), Bennett(?), Clifford(?) = 21 men.

Apologies amsemp, I think we were typing pretty similar things at the same time :unsure: At least it is nice to know someone else here thinks like I do.

Back