• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for next season...

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Yes I am hurting, yes I am frustrated and yes, I am on the verge of tears after seeing us hand our League 1 place over to Notts County with a whimper, but having had a night of disturbed sleep upon which to reflect and start thinking about next season, I think we actually could have the spine of a half decent League 2 side...

For me, those who will/should be leaving/options not extended - Mildenhall, Macca, Vernon, Christophe, Laurent, Malone* (*hopefully out of football for good!)

Therefore, this leaves a potential team of...

Jack

Francis Barrett Baldwin Herd

O'Keefe Moussa Grant Scannell

Spencer
Paterson

I would suggest that with the likes of Crawford and Bentley coming through the ranks nicely, we should be looking to bring in a minimum of a GK, CB, LB, a second left winger and a big, strong and preferably experienced striker to possibly lead the line and guide one of Spencer/Paterson.
I would think it is probably worth holding on to Francis Laurent, as he has the ability to unlock defences at League 2 level and could be a useful impact sub.

For me:

Keep

Defenders - Francis, Sankofa, Herd

Midfielders - Grant, Moussa, O'Keefe, Scannell, Laurent

Forwards - Paterson, Spencer, Crawford

I'd keep Sankofa, as despite not being a stand out player, he's exactly the sort of player we'll need. Can play in a couple of positions, won't be on massive wages and has been here for a couple of years. The new Che?

Laurent I'd keep, purely because if we can get him focused and willing, he'd rip League Two to shreds.

There's potential in Spencer that I'm sure would get him 10 or so goals in the lower division.

Barrett's wages, especially in League Two, are not justified just because he's a local boy.

McCormack can sod off to Cobh Ramblers or whoever.

Mildenhall doesn't really look like he wants to be here any more and he'll be on decent wages. Perhaps we can get a small fee.

Christophe can get his move back to the Prem. Ha!

Yes I am hurting, yes I am frustrated and yes, I am on the verge of tears after seeing us hand our League 1 place over to Notts County with a whimper, but having had a night of disturbed sleep upon which to reflect and start thinking about next season, I think we actually could have the spine of a half decent League 2 side...

For me, those who will/should be leaving/options not extended - Mildenhall, Macca, Vernon, Christophe, Laurent, Malone* (*hopefully out of football for good!)

Therefore, this leaves a potential team of...

Jack

Francis Barrett Baldwin Herd

O'Keefe Moussa Grant Scannell

Spencer
Paterson

I would suggest that with the likes of Crawford and Bentley coming through the ranks nicely, we should be looking to bring in a minimum of a GK, CB, LB, a second left winger and a big, strong and preferably experienced striker to possibly lead the line and guide one of Spencer/Paterson.
I would think it is probably worth holding on to Francis Laurent, as he has the ability to unlock defences at League 2 level and could be a useful impact sub.

We won't get Baldwin, not in a million years

I think we should try to offload anyone on remotely high wages and give Tilly the chance for a complete rebuild. That includes Mildi, Macca, Francis and Barrett despite the fact that they are all very good players when in form. We're a league 2 club and we need a league 2 wage structure.

I'd keep Laurent because he does have something that is very rare in the lower divisions, the ability to beat players + pace. I know he's inconsistant but if he wasn't he wouldn't be playing for us.

GK New keeper
RB New RB
LB Herd
CB New CB
CB New CB
RM Scannell
LM Moussa
CM Grant
CM O'Keefe
CF Paterson
CF Spencer/Crawford

I'd offload or sell Mildenhall, Francis, Christophe, Barrett, McCormack, Sankofa. I wouldn't try to sign Baldwin (don't know why some rate him), Malone or Vernon, but would like to sign M'voto although that isn't going to happen.

We need to face the reality of a rebuild and I think Tilly deserves the chance to give it a go. I love Barrett and think that Francis is our best player however we could probably sign 6 or 7 players capable of cutting it in league 2 for the money that they are on.

Come on Tilly lets start again and come back stronger!

I am a big fan of giving youth a chance, but herd has ben found wanting in the last few games. Its obvious that a new left back of quality is needed with herd as understudy. We simply must keep francis. He is not as well paid as macca barrett of mildy and i rate him higher than all 3.

For me the only players to come out of this season with credit are francis and grant with the jury still out on scannell.

We will be a big fish in that division next year and we must improve greatly on this seasons squad if we hope to jump straight back up.

I would keep Mildy, Francis, Barrett, Grant, Moussa, Laurent, Spencer, Paterson, Scanno. The rest can go.

Keep:

Mildenhall, Francis, Barrett, Grant, McCormack, Spencer and Patterson.

Get Rid:

Everybody else !!!

Moussa doesnt want to be here from what i have heard, let him go.
And i dont feel thay Herd is good enough especially for a very physical League 2 we cant keep a player just for a long throw.
Scannell just isnt good enough, we need someone that is going to try 100% all the time, he had a few good games before he got injured but for the last couple of years he has been the butt of everyones jokes on here !

As for replacements i think its finally time we bit the bullet and tried to sign Benson from D&R, I would like to see if we could sign Baldwin. Then there is Matt Tubbs at Salisbury he's scored a few this season and has scored goals in the league for Bournemouth.

He is not as well paid as macca barrett of mildy and i rate him higher than all 3.

Where on earth do you get such an idea from? Franno and Macca, I would say are on very similar contracts having signed under similar circumstances and at a similar time, if anything Franno is a higher earner than Macca because of his background, Macca was on quite low wages when he came. And I would say both are on more than Mildenhall.

Mildy - gone all but in physical presence

Barrett - keep
Baldwin - sign as long as not too expensive
Herd - keep
M'voto - back to Sunderland - and then who knows where
Malone - get rid of
Sankofa - not bothered either way
Francis - absolute must keep
Grant - as above
Moussa - as above
Macca - let him go
O'Keefe - keep
Christophe - sorry not a footballer let him go
Laurant - keep - good league 2 player
Scannell - keep - he'll be a star in league 2
Paterson - keep
Vernon - let him go back
Crawford - keep - a season in league 2 will be good to bring him on
Spencer - keep

Tilly - keep
Assistant - Get Paul Clark

ABSOLUTE MUST HAVES - a striker coach. It's no coincidence that so many forwards leave to become stars elsewhere.
Creative midfielder to feed balls on the ground to the strikers (see above)

Roots Hall Keep - but no chance of that

I'm really not sure if there will be wage cuts.

I am quite sure that the standard of players we have at the moment are a lot better than quite a few of the other League 2 teams, Laurent will have a laugh next season, I'll tell you that right now! They will not have a clue what to do with him. A lot of the players will still be here next season. With an addition of about 5 conference/league 2 players, and a few little diamonds on loan, there is no doubt in my mind that it's gonna be a laugh next season!

I hate the end of the season, I might be on my own here but I can't wait for the friendlies allready!

Where on earth do you get such an idea from? Franno and Macca, I would say are on very similar contracts having signed under similar circumstances and at a similar time, if anything Franno is a higher earner than Macca because of his background, Macca was on quite low wages when he came. And I would say both are on more than Mildenhall.

For what it's worth I don't think Macca has been anywhere near as bad in recent games as some have suggested and don't think that he has been guilty of not putting the effort in.

I hope for OBL's sake that if he goes he is replaced by someone equally attractive to her but on a wage we can afford

For what it's worth I don't think Macca has been anywhere near as bad in recent games as some have suggested and don't think that he has been guilty of not putting the effort in.

I hope for OBL's sake that if he goes he is replaced by someone equally attractive to her but on a wage we can afford

I hope if he goes that we sign someone with at least half the commitment to the team and the club.

For me, this is how I'd call it:

GKs - let them go, don't believe Mildenhall wants to be here

Defence - Francis, Herd - KEEP
Regretably I think it's time for Adam to move on, Sankofa is useful but not a necessity. I'd take Baldwin quick as blinking, and on M'voto's recent form I'd also keep him.

Midfield - Grant, Macca, Laurent, O'Keefe - KEEP
I love Jeff, but he just doesn't fit in here; Moussa, as my learned friend Westander says, has no further part to play; Scannell, no, there's been flashes of brilliance but there's been far too much time on the sidelines, that's simply a luxury we can't afford any more.

Forwards - not a lot of option, Paterson, Crawford - KEEP
Offer Scotty Spencer a contract

All the other loanees, time's up.

Herd Sankofa Francis Barrett

Scannell Grant Moussa O keefe

Paterson Spencer Crawford

All to keep.....

Personally I don't understand what people see in Baldwin. He's not commanding in the air, prone to errors and his distribution is woeful. However if you could guarantee that if we signed him i'd never have to see Vernon and JFC in a SU shirt again then i'd bite your hand off

I'm really not sure if there will be wage cuts.

I am quite sure that the standard of players we have at the moment are a lot better than quite a few of the other League 2 teams, Laurent will have a laugh next season, I'll tell you that right now! They will not have a clue what to do with him. A lot of the players will still be here next season. With an addition of about 5 conference/league 2 players, and a few little diamonds on loan, there is no doubt in my mind that it's gonna be a laugh next season!

I hate the end of the season, I might be on my own here but I can't wait for the friendlies allready!

I'd hazard a guess and say their main objective will be to kick him up in the air.

Back