• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Sat

OlvisIII

Coach
Any thoughts?

Bearing in mind I have been unable to attend any pre season games, I have based my judgement on reports and comments from people.

Griemnk

Wilson
Edwards
Prior
Nicolau

Husbands
Hunt
Maher
Gower

Gray
Dudfield

Flahavan
Pettefer (Still recovering)
Broughton
Barrett
Bentley

Anyone got any views?

Barrett for Wilson, and (wait for flame) Broughton for Gray (to start anyway) and wouldn't bet against Flahavan to keep the Custodians jersey!

i reckon he will go

Griemink

Jupp
Prior
Edwards
Nicolau

Corbett
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Dudfield
Gray

Subs:

Broughton
Wilson
Flahavan
Bentley
Barrett

Crikey... at least the team doesnt pick itself this season... and looks quite strong...

Bramble, Kightly, Pettefer, Smith (albeit injured), Husbands.. some good players missing out

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluethroughandthrough @ Aug. 03 2004,05:55)]i reckon he will go

Griemink

Jupp
Prior
Edwards
Nicolau

Corbett
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Dudfield
Gray

Subs:

Broughton
Wilson
Flahavan
Bentley
Barrett

Crikey... at least the team doesnt pick itself this season... and looks quite strong...

Bramble, Kightly, Pettefer, Smith (albeit injured), Husbands.. some good players missing out
Looks a great line up doesn't it...

Would prefer Broughton for Gray myself, with Gray coming on for the last 20-30 minutes... Gray doesn't seem hungry enough to play the full 90 minutes for my liking!

Wouldn't be unhappy with any of those. A couple of thoughts, though:-

Firstly I wouldn't risk Drewe picking up another knock on the ankle before the Lincoln game. If ever you need Drewe in the side it's at Sincil Bank where he can help out the defenders when the air raid sirens are sounding.

Secondly I'd prefer to see a centre half pairing of Prior & Hunt. Realise this is unlikely, though, as recent injuries to Smith & Bentley mean that Lewis is needed in midfield.

Thirdly, Che Wilson for right back? I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Roll on Saturday!

On what I've seen, I'd have Hunt in CM to start but I have a feeling Bentley will get the nod, 100% fit or not. Don't know why, just a feeling.

And with Gower playing most pre-season on the left it's perm one from Husbands, Corbett, Pettefer for the right wing. For me it'd be Husbands, but again I have a feeling Tilly will go with Pettefer.

1.Greimeik

2. Jupp

3. Nicalou

4.Bentley

5. Edwards

6. Spinner

7. Gower

8. Maher

9. Gray

10. Dufield.

11. Pettifer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluethroughandthrough @ Aug. 03 2004,05:55)]i reckon he will go

Griemink

Jupp
Prior
Edwards
Nicolau

Corbett
Maher
Hunt
Gower

Dudfield
Gray

Subs:

Broughton
Wilson
Flahavan
Bentley
Barrett

I agree with this mainly although i think Bentley will feature in the centre of the park instead of Hunt and I'm not entirely sure he will start with Corbett. I would like to see us start with Husbands as all of the pre season reports I have heard seem to suggest he looks sharp!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Aug. 03 2004,08:44)]Wouldn't be unhappy with any of those.  A couple of thoughts, though:-

Firstly I wouldn't risk Drewe picking up another knock on the ankle before the Lincoln game.  If ever you need Drewe in the side it's at Sincil Bank where he can help out the defenders when the air raid sirens are sounding.

Secondly I'd prefer to see a centre half pairing of Prior & Hunt.  Realise this is unlikely, though,  as recent injuries to Smith & Bentley mean that Lewis is needed in midfield.

Thirdly, Che Wilson for right back?  I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Roll on Saturday!
I agree Drewe has had his niggles, but I am worried about Gray's performances and feel that if we go 2 or 3 games without getting many points on the board, we could be playing catch-up like last year.
ghostface.gif

This is only an opinion, but if Drewe is fit [I notice he didn't do much at MTBD Sunday], then I would like to see him start at least and if he manages the first half, then bring Gray on for the second...

If Gray gets the nod, I hope he proves me wrong!
wink.gif
cool.gif

Haven't seen any of the pre-seasons, so this a pure guess

Bart

Jupp
Edwards
Prior
Nicolau

Gower
Maher
Bentley
Pettefer

Bramble
Dudfield

Subs
Flavs
Hunt
Corbett
Barrett
Gray

If Drewe's not fit, Bramble will start as we will need some sort of physical presence up front. I think Bentley and Pettefer will both start as they have another week to get some sort of fitness, and we have adequate cover on the bench.

When you look at the people left out (Drewe, Jay Smith, Kights, Husbands, Wilson, Williams) it's really not a bad sqaud.

Having seen all, bar one, (how sad is that?) I WOULD personally go for the following, bearing in mind the pace of Cheltenham's attack ...

Bart

Jupp Prior Hunt Nicky

Husbands Maher Bentley Gower

Dudfield Gray

Subs: Shorty, Edwards, Wilson, Bramble and Corbett

On most other days, Hunt would replace Bentley, and Edwards would slot in at centre back. The 3 main places up for grabs are 1. right midfield (Pettefer, Jimmy) 2. the 2nd striker (Jimmy, Drewe, Bramble) 3. right/left back (Wilson).

Good to see some competition for places but i dont think Tilly knows what his strongest XI is ...

Kev

. Griemink

Jupp        Prior         Edwards      Nicolau

Bramble    Maher       Bentley       Gower

Broughton  Dudfield

. Griemink
Jupp  Edwards Prior  Nicolau
Gower Bentley Maher Pettefer
        Dudfield Gray

Subs Corbett, Husbands, Bramble, Hunt, Flahavan

As Pettefer is probably not fully fit, I'd almost certainly give Husbands a run in the second half against a hopefully tiring Cheltenham defence.

Not having seen any pre-season action, I'm working on the basis that (1)Pettefer and (2) Bentley are match fit, (3) Prior and Edwards aren't as slow a central defensive partnership as Coleman and Newman were, and (4) Gray can work alongside Dudfield.

If those assumptions are wrong in come (1) Corbett, (2) Hunt (or Wilson), (3) Hunt and (4) Bramble

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 03 2004,13:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 03 2004,13:03)]As Pettefer is probably not fully fit
He's not. He told me he still had to work on it.
But is he fit enough to start?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 03 2004,13:11)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Aug. 03 2004,13:03)]As Pettefer is probably not fully fit
But is he fit enough to start?
He wants to, but whether he will or not depends on training this week.

[b said:
[b said:
What's Jimmy Corbett's and Mark Bentley's fitness like? If it's OK, my feeling is that our best XI is (*):

Bart

Jupp Prior Edwards Nicolau

Corbett Maher Bentley Gower

Drooooo Dudfield

Subs: Flahavan, Hunt, Pettefer, Gray, Bramble

I know it's tough leaving Cheese, Adam, Kights and Husbands off the bench, but that's how it looks to me.

I can't get over how much competition we've got for places this season. That, combined with team spirit, is going to drive us towards the top 10 IMHO.

And, yes, I'd start with Drooo, but bring on Gray (and Tes?)with 30 minutes to go, when Chelts are tiring a bit.

Matt

(*Subject to the caveat that I have not seen any pre-season games, so can't comment on fitness and form)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 03 2004,13:40)]
[b said:
[b said:
What's Jimmy Corbett's and Mark Bentley's fitness like?  If it's OK, my feeling is that our best XI is (*):

Bart

Jupp       Prior   Edwards   Nicolau

Corbett  Maher  Bentley    Gower

Drooooo  Dudfield

Subs: Flahavan, Hunt, Pettefer, Gray, Bramble

I know it's tough leaving Cheese, Adam, Kights and Husbands off the bench, but that's how it looks to me.

I can't get over how much competition we've got for places this season.  That, combined with team spirit, is going to drive us towards the top 10 IMHO.

And, yes, I'd start with Drooo, but bring on Gray (and Tes?)with 30 minutes to go, when Chelts are tiring a bit.

Matt

(*Subject to the caveat that I have not seen any pre-season games, so can't comment on fitness and form)
Nice to see some of us have something in common...
wink.gif

Agreement!
cool.gif

Back