• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Sat

Personally I think we will go for

Bart

Jupp Prior Edwards Nicky

Gower Bentley Maher Corbett

Dudfield Bramble

I think we have a really strong team this year and as long as the chuckle brothers (Che and Drewe) dont get on then I have every confidence in the lads to steam rollers Chelts..

DtS

Despite it meaning that I'd be agreeing with Shrimpboy, and I'll probably get the wrath of a few of you, I'd put Flahavan in goal. That's purely based on the 4 games I've been to, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd play:

Flahavan

Jupp
Prior
Edwards
Nicolau

Corbett
Wilson
Maher
Gower

Dudfield
Gray

Subs: Griemink, Bramble, Bentley, Kightly, Hunt

I imagine though that the actual line up will have Griemink for Flahavan, and possibly Hunt for Wilson (which I really wouldn't like to see) as Bentley really didn't look anywhere near ready against Grays.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 03 2004,19:06)]as long as the chuckle brothers (Che and Drewe) dont get on
Somebody hasn't seen much pre season. Drewe has been mightily impressive (especially against Dagenham) and Wilson has been a revelation in midfield. Must be something about the new found attention he has.
laugh.gif

Personaly would like to see a flat back 5 and accomodate Barrett with Prior and Edwards,Jupp and Nicolau and have three in midfield Maher,Gower and one other being any one from three.
Hope Gray starts as Im very excited with him and Dudfield,perhaps the fox and the poacher in front of goal.

Its probably the hardest team to pick for first game of the season ,as competition for places is so good.

Roll on saturday

Oh and of Course the Bartman in goal

On the contray Andy S - maybe you have seen too much of the pre-season and have somehow convinced yourself that the afore mentioned donkeys are in fact good. Dont worry mate I did the same with Clarky last season......

No need for Drewe when we have Tes, Dudfield and Gray IMHO...DtS

Back