• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Saturday ..... (plus bench)

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
whos going to be out there....

(left back and left wing suggestions to be sensible....altho I am available)

Its a toughie - so many options.....

....................Milldenhall

Francis Clarke Sankofa Barrett

Walker Moussa Bailey Scannell

Barnard Furlong

Subs - Joy, Herd, O Keffe, Revell, Fatso.

Last edited:
Mildenhall
Francis Clarke Barrett (New player)

Scannell Moussa Bailey Walker

Barney Furlong

Subs: Joyce, Herd, Revell, Sankofa, O'Keefe

Mildenhall
Francis Clarke Barrett (New player)

Scannell Moussa Bailey Walker

Barney Furlong

Subs: Joyce, Herd, Revell, Sankofa, O'Keefe

Sounds likely. Pretty sure we will get Emmanuel or another leftback, its just the left wing thats left then.

Dont like the idea of Walker out wide though, but not much choice for now.

Sounds likely. Pretty sure we will get Emmanuel or another leftback, its just the left wing thats left then.

Dont like the idea of Walker out wide though, but not much choice for now.

I'm hoping for a new LM to come in on loan before Sat, but I wont get those hope's up. If a new LM does come in though I would expect Walker to partner Barney with Furlong dropping to the bench.

I'm pessimistic.

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Clarke
Barrett
Francis

Scannell
Moussa
Bailey
Walker

Furlong
Barnard

Subs: Joyce, Revell, Forshaw, Herd, O'Keefe

Ok, so that's the first time I've actually thought about picking a team wth the squad we have and it's incredible that we don't actually have enough midfielders for the starting line up.

I'd say barring the miracle that we actually bother to sign a left back, that we'll do what we did in the Chelmsford game and play Francis at left back and Sankofa right, to enable us to actually have a part of our team that is first choice (centre back).

Ok, we screwed for Saturday then. And how the heck are we going to be able to name 7 subs for Cheltenham!? Raffle tickets for the fans before the game?

Mildenhall
Francis, Barrett, Clarke, (new player)
Scannell, Bailey, Moussa, Walker
Barnard Furlong

Subs - Joyce, Sankofa, (new player) , o'keefe , revell

Mildenhall

Francis Clarke Sankofa Barrett

Grant (if signed)
Moussa Bailey
Scannell

Walker Barnard

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Clarke
Barrett
Francis

Grant
Moussa
Bailey
Walker

Furlong
Barnard

Subs: Joyce, Revell, Forshaw, Herd, O'Keefe

I can't see Scannell being fit, but we will have signed Grant by Saturday.

Well by the looks of it we wont even have the players to field a basic 442. This is a frankly appalling situation and supporters who have paid good money in good faith are fully justified in feeling p*ssed off. Yet I dont blame Tilson or Brush at all as they have clearly been trying to bring players in all summer. It seems clear to me that they are not being backed with the funds to do the job, despite us shipping out numerous players and bringing in extra funds to top up that warchest.

Last edited:
Dont envy Tilly with the selection headache he has. Does he go for Scannell or Scannell out wide?

On the OS it says no loan players likely till the season starts so maybe Grant and a left back will be it I think.

Well by the looks of it we wont even have the players to field a basic 442.

We can field 442 easily but will have to play a striker as a winger. We have done that for years anyway with Walker/Hooper/Revell/Bradbury and doing it now, as much as Id rather we didnt, is no different to then.

The only position we cant fill is left back and I fully expect us to sign one before the weekend.

Id rather we had an out and out winger but its not as bad as you suggest. Now if we pick up a couple of injuries in the next week then we will be in bother.

been away for 2 weeks looking at the side def gonna struggle i think this year!

where is mccormack?
grant was gonna sign when i went why hasnt he signed yet?
what happened to Clapham?

Assuming Grant and a new left-back sign before the weekend, my team would be:

Mildenhall

Francis
Clarke
Barrett
New signing

Grant
Bailey
Moussa
Scannell

Barnard
Walker

Subs: Joyce, Sankofa, O'Keefe, Revell, Furlong

If the two aforementioned players don't sign, then Barrett switches to left-back, Sankofa comes in at centre-back, Walker moves to one of the flanks and Furlong comes in alongside Barnard. Herd and Ademeno fill the bench.

been away for 2 weeks looking at the side def gonna struggle i think this year!

where is mccormack?
grant was gonna sign when i went why hasnt he signed yet?
what happened to Clapham?

McCormack is out for 2 months after injuring himself in training and has now had surgery.

Grant - Nobody really knows why it's taking so long but he "should" sign soon.

Clapham - The official line from Tilly was that he wasn't tall enough. Hence why we brought in a shorter left back than him for the Wycombe game, who still might sign.

Do we not feel that, for a league game, either Foran or Harrold may be on the bench (and poss both)? I mean they did both play in the CCC and they have to be better than untried youth teamers.

Or has the club stated they will play no part whatsoever?

Back