• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Team for Saturday will Francis be dropped for Clarke

Should Francis be dropped on Saturday for Clarke or Barrett

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jackspratt

Youth Team
Will Francis be dropped on Saturday for Clarke or should Barrett
I would like to see him retain his place.

I think Francis will be shifted out to the wing.

Is the sensible thing as well considering our lack of options in midfield.

why drop anybody at all we are short of bodies just play them in different positions like tilly normally does with the players why change a habot of a lifetime

Joyce

sankofa clarke barrett herd

scannell moussa grant francis

betsy or macca if fit

robinson

or go 4-4-2 and play Foran up with Robinson, but im guessing Tilly would rather lose a testicle than do that

This is on the assumption Barnard is not fit.

Last edited:
I'd imagine Tilly will do the same old and drop Francis for Clarke.

I'd personally line up like this on Saturday:

Mildenhall

Sankofa
Francis
Clarke
Herd

Scannell
Grant
Moussa
O'Keefe

Robinson
Barnard

given we have a striker problem

mildy
Sankofa Francis Clarke Barrett Herd
Bestsy Mousse Grant Scannell
Robinson

Assuming Barney isnt fit

Otherwise 3 man midfield, Mousse , Grant, Macca/OKeefe
Barney, Robinson up top

Last edited:
"Assuming Barney isnt fit"

Pretty safe assumption that
:)

I think one of Francis or Clarke will move into midfield, maybe Francis as an emergency striker, I believe he did this before a while ago.

Would like to see Clarke and Francis at Centre Half though, but I strongly doubt Barrett will be left out or moved to full back.

Clarke won't commit to the club by signing a new deal so i say drop the ****er!

any1 who witnessed our championship campaign would def. not recommed clarke for centre midfield. he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

centre back got to be clarke and francis. barrett all over the place at mo. and unable to pick his man up from set peices. francis has been much better at cb than rb. just hope tilly doesnt drop him again like he did after the northampton game.

Francis we be in the team - but the question is where will he play??? Could it be RB, CB, RM or even upfront!!! Its not out of the question...

any1 who witnessed our championship campaign would def. not recommed clarke for centre midfield. he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

Disagree with that actually, I thought he did a decent job. In fact, I'm not sure we even lost a game with Clarke in midfield. Most notably, of course, he started there against Man U...

As for Saturday, I'm not going to bother with a preferred team selection yet as I've no idea who will be fit or whether we'll have signed anyone by then.

given we have a striker problem

mildy
Sankofa Francis Clarke Barrett Herd
Bestsy Mousse Grant Macca / Okeefe Scannell
Robinson

Assuming Barney isnt fit

Otherwise 3 man midfield, Mousse , Grant, Macca/OKeefe
Barney, Robinson up top

I wouldn't mind playing 12 players

Back