• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Saturday

Napster

No ⭐
I did ask Tilly if he had any idea what the line=up will be on Saturday- he said, he did, but he wasn't telling me. Then he laughed an evil laugh.

rock.gif

Although I'm sure we all have a good idea of what it might be, although I never noticed the eveil laugh Naps!

I'd imagine it will be something like this:-

Griemink

Jupp
Nicolau
Edwards
Prior

Maher
Bentley
Pettefer
Gower

Dudfield
Gray

I'd probably put Hunt and Maher as Centre Midfielders. Would also be tempted to go with Husbands as Right Mid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 03 2004,11:56)]I'd probably put Hunt as Centre Midfielder.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

Please tell me that I am not the only person here who thinks that Lewis Hunt:

(a) is a great defender; and
(b) is a cr@p midfielder?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 03 2004,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 03 2004,11:56)]I&#39;d probably put Hunt as Centre Midfielder.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NO&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;</span>

rock.gif

Matt
Hunt is a great defender, but looked a class above everyone else in midfield against Brighton. Whereby, i always thought he was too defensive to play alongside Maher, he was getting up and down the pitch consistantly and making chances for others and himself. To describe Hunt in a word: Composure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 03 2004,13:44)]No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>NO!!!!</span>
Yes.

I also happen to think Hunt has played well in midfield in the pre-season games.  In fact over the games I've seen he's probably been as consistently good as anybody.  But as always, I respect your opinion.  Yea, right!  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 03 2004,13:48)]Hunt is a great defender, but looked a class above everyone else in midfield against Brighton.
Fair enough. I&#39;ve not seen him in the pre-seaso&#39;s, but he was poor in midfield last season. A non-existent goal threat (a la Maher, alas), and too often caught in possession.

But that&#39;s just how it seemed to me.

rock.gif

Matt

Sorry to namedrop, but I had an excellent chat with Lewis on Sunday. More details to come once I have the time to write up the report.

PS Lewis doesn&#39;t mind where he plays.

Fear not MtS, I&#39;ve always thought that Hunts best position is at centre back where he is very composed. He looks a little lost in midfield if you ask me, and poses no threat on the oppositions goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Aug. 03 2004,13:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagster69 @ Aug. 03 2004,11:56)]I&#39;d probably put Hunt as Centre Midfielder.

rock.gif

Matt
Totally agree with you, Matt.

I&#39;d go for:

Bartman

Jupp Edwards Prior Nicky

Husbands Maher Bentley Gower

Drewenaldo Dudfield.

Subs, Flavs, Hunt, Che/Pettefer, Bramble, Gray

I think Tilson will go for:

Bartman

Jupp Edwards Barrett Nicky

Gower Bentley Maher Pettefer

Dudfield Gray

Subs Flavs, Hunt, Che, Bramble, Drewenaldo

Interesting, Boy Wonder. What makes you think that Tilly will not involve Prior on Saturday?

I&#39;ve just got a feeling. Maybe its because he will go with the right footer of Edwards alongside the left footed Barrett to give us that balance across the back line.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Aug. 03 2004,18:30)]I&#39;ve just got a feeling. Maybe its because he will go with the right footer of Edwards alongside the left footed Barrett to give us that balance across the back line.
You don&#39;t think that Prior would start over Edwards then? It seems to me from Tilly&#39;s comments that Prior would be almost guarenteed a start. Just my opinion, however, since I obviously haven&#39;t attended any pre-season games.

Back