• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
I think I'd go:

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Prosser Straker
Hurst Makandawire Laird Leonard
Tomlin Assombalonga

Subs: Bentley, Mohsni, Lund, Reeves, Corr, Eastwood, Frosty the Snowman

The reasoning being

(1) that's about as close to the shape (and team) who beat Rochdale at home as we're going to get;
(2) I want to keep things tight and try and keep a clean sheet;
(3) I want some pace up front on the break;
(4) Corr didn't look particularly sharp on his return from illness the other night.

Agree with that team except put Bentley in goal. Nothing against Smith, but feel that Bentley deserves a decent run in the team.

Where does the myth that Assombalonga has pace come from? Is it because he's young and black? Is it because people confuse him with Tomlin, who genuinely has got a burst of pace?
Because it certainly isn't from his performances. He got out-paced by Guy Branston the other night, a man older than time itself.

Smith - Bentley
Clohessy - Leonard - Corr - Mkandawire - Cresswell - Mohsni - Prosser - Straker - Reeves

Bench: Coughlan - Lund - Spillane - Assombalonga - Tomlin - Hurst - Laird​

Smith - Bentley
Clohessy - Leonard - Corr - Mkandawire - Cresswell - Mohsni - Prosser - Straker - Reeves

Bench: Coughlan - Lund - Spillane - Assombalonga - Tomlin - Hurst - Laird​

Even with two goalkeepers i'm not sure we'd keep a clean sheet at the moment. And Smith would still be blamed for everything.

Smith in goal for me obviously but think bentley will so good luck to the lad.

Put out 2nd choice in all positions, and tell them they're not first choice for Wembley, but can still play themselves into contention. May at least see some passion then!

Smith
Mohsni, Mohsni,Mohsni. Mohsni.
Mohsni, Mohsni,Mohsni, Mohsni
Eastwood, Eastwood
subs: Straker,Spillane,Spicer,Ron Martin,P Sturrock.
Give all the knockers a field day and value for their money.:smile:

Back