• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team for Saturday

I would be brave and go for the following:

Flavs

Jupp Prior Barratt Wilson

Pettefer Maher Bentley Gower

Eastwood Gray (would prefer bramble)

subs: Dudfield, Guttridge, Edwards, Griemink, Nicolau

Mccormack and Dudfield looked woeful against Oxford and I wouldn't start with either. This is despite the fact that Gray looks annoying disinterested at times and deserves to be dropped. Bramble's pace and power would have been perfect to throw him in on Saturday. Tilly boobed in bot playing Benno last weekend and he must surely start on sat. His surging runs into the opposition's box could prove crucial.
I would probably just go for Gower over Nicolau, as you still hold out hope that he could repeat some of last seasons form.

I still think Saturady will end in heartbreak - we won't score.

Swansea I am almost certain will pip us.

I reckon we should stick to the 4-4-2. 4-3-3 away from home is a very risky strategy indeed and needs a tremendous amount of work rate from your front men.

Bentley must return to the side. Don't be surprised to see the old Gower Bentley Maher Pettefer midfield lining up. Don't think McCormack or Guttridge have managed to build on decent games to make decent form.

Hunt and Griemink won't be considered because they haven't palyed nearly enough football for a game like this.

Can't see a recall for Tes really either, sadly!!

Yep, stick with 4-4-2. On the occasions when we've opted for three strikers it simply hasn't worked.

I'd go for the same team Lincoln Shrimper has chosen except for one change - McCormack for Petts. I really like Pettefer but I'd like to see Maher and McCormack together in the middle to give us some extra bite. I'd then play Bentley on the right to give us extra thrust on that side of the pitch to complement Gower on the left.

Also, will Guttridge be fit? It looked like he pulled a muscle against Yeovil, possibly his hamstring, which will surely rule him out.

Petts is too negative to play in such a big game in which we need to win!

If fit Gutts should play insted.

Flavs
Jupp, Prior, Barrett, Wilson
Gutts(if fit), Maher, Bentley, Gower
Eastwood, Gray

i think we should start with petts but if we are in need of a goal then bring on gutteridge for him and also Dudfield for a defender.

Trouble is I think Tilly will be MOTSing for the second week in a row. This is not going to be too good for the players.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 04 2005,12:09)]Trouble is I think Tilly will be MOTSing for the second week in a row. This is not going to be too good for the players.  
rock.gif
You could see that TS had taken a hit at full-time last week...

oops.gif
down.gif

I'd be a bit concerned only having one sub. Surely Tilly wouldn't be that silly?!

Back