• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Team For Swindon

This would be my team:
Joyce
Sankofa Dervite Clarke Barrett (c)
betsy Grant JFC Moussa
Robinson Barnard

Subs: masters, Francis, Herd, Macca, Laurent

No place anywhere for Scannell after a fantastic sub performance? :stunned: I'm fairly sure Macca will be fit for this one, so expect him back in in place of Jeff, other than that you're probably right on the team, but Scannell in place of Herd on the bench - although personally, I'd start him in place of Betsy.

nope ....got to stay solid in the middle

joyce

granty macca jfc moussa

theo barney -

can't afford Betsys lack of defensive ability .... him or scannel ot laurent to come on
if we need a goal -

The squad IMO must include our most likely player to be able to take on a full back or get round the back of them before crossing.DAMIAN SCANNELL.
When he has been given more than just a couple of minutes, he has shown he has the ability as he did again on Saturday frightening the life out of the Bulls left back.

nope ....got to stay solid in the middle

joyce

granty macca jfc moussa

theo barney -

can't afford Betsys lack of defensive ability .... him or scannel ot laurent to come on
if we need a goal -
Doesn't look like a very defensive team to me.

Joyce
Sankofa, Clarke, Dervite, Barrett
Betsy, Macca(if fit otherwise Moussa), Grant, Moussa (if Maccas not fit then Herd)
Theo, Barney
Subs
Masters, Herd (if Macca isn't fit, otherwise Laurent), JFC, Francis, Scannell

Going on today's Echo comments, Macca is still fighting to shake off the groin problem :'( so expect the team to be as they were at Hereford. UTB.

smiley10.gif

If Macca was fit, then bring him in for JFC. I am sorry, but Grant MUST remain in the Centre for the remainder of the season. It is his position. Moussa's time will come. Grant has been awesome since he was moved in the middle & I think a pairing of Macca and Grant will be a match for most centre midfielders in the run in to the end of the season. Even with everyone fit, the team, pretty much picks itself now -

Mildy (though tonight will be Joyce)

Sankofa
DD
Clarke
AB

Betsy (replaced by Scannell on 70 minutes)
Grant
Macca ( JFC tonight if Macca is unfit - which I think he will be )
Moussa

Barny
Theo

Subs
Joyce (or Masters if Mildy not fit)
Franno
Scannell
JFC
Laurent/Dougie

Reserves
Herd
Masters
Walker
Dougie/Laurent
O'Keefe

I think that is a pretty strong starting 11, with enough ability on the bench to change the game.

Back