• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
morris
clohessey moshni barker gilbert

sawyer easton grant hall

sturroock corr

Im resisting the call for moshni up top, we desperately need his pace and mobility at the back, if we can keep clean sheets we will start moving up this division. I would love a CB to come in to play alongside moshni so barker could play LB. 4-4-2 also for me too narrow with a 4-3-3

Morris
Clohessy Moshni Coghlan Barker
Sawyer EAston Grant Hall
Corr Paterson

I am resisting the call for mohsni up top as well. Paterson brings a more direct attacking style than Blair (who had a stinker against Bury). Must play 442 and get the ball out wide.

Flavs
Jupp Prior Barrett Che
Petts Maher Bentley Gower
Gray Eastwood

Ooops right division, wrong year.

morris

sawyer easton grant hall

sturroock corr

Im resisting the call for moshni up top, we desperately need his pace and mobility at the back, if we can keep clean sheets we will start moving up this division. I would love a CB to come in to play alongside moshni so barker could play LB. 4-4-2 also for me too narrow with a 4-3-3

This is absolutely spot on and i think this will be the starting line up and on paper that is a very useful looking side.

Utb

As long as gilbert isn't playing i dont care, he is absolute dog.

I agree but is Herd any better? Not in my opinion.

Much as I think CB is Barker's best position I'd have Mohsni and Coughlan at CB and Barker at LB. We need Mohsni for his pace and all-round game but to drop either Coughlan or Barker would be extremely harsh. I'm sure Coughlan would be the one to drop out but for me he was far and away MotM on Friday night.

Gilbert will obviously play though, he's one of Sturrock's faves. He may have been a decent player years ago in that Plymouth side but all season he's been truly awful in my book...... :thumbdown:

Gilbert is miles better than Herd, but Barker is miles better than Gilbert. Once Phillips or Mohsni is fully fit then that is the time to start changing things, as they aren't, I'd stick with the same starting line up on Tuesday. Sawyer doesn't look ready to start yet to me.

Without a doubt Barker should be left back, Coughlan would be very unfortunate to make way for Mohsni who will certainly start at centre half on Tuesday. Their is also a case for Phillips to return but again Coughlan keeping him out with his displays. Coughlan was only supposed to be cover at the start of the season for Phillips & Mohsni with Barker signed as left back. For me Sawyer starts on Tuesday with possibly Blair stepping down, playing Corr up top supported by Hall & Sawyer. Ferdinand plays that holding role well and also would be unfortunate to lose his place. Blair could replace Ferdinand if we needed to chase the game more. Christ I can't remember the last time we had so many options to ponder. Poor old Commingues is not going to get a look in now, so nice to have a proper squad.

To be fair Comminges was nowhere near fit when he played against Cheltenham, once he gets fully fit I'm sure he'll be an asset and good cover in midfield.

To be fair Comminges was nowhere near fit when he played against Cheltenham, once he gets fully fit I'm sure he'll be an asset and good cover in midfield.

Totally agree, but I bet he thought when he signed, their was a regular place for him in the team at Soares expense.

morris

sawyer easton grant hall

sturroock corr

Yes, totally agree with this line-up. For me, Mohsni and Barker should be our centre-back pairing as they complement one another extremely well. Coughlan has done well but I'm not sure he has the legs to play two games in a relatively short period of time, and with Mohsni back he should be cover rather than a regular starter. Obviously there's the temptation to move Barker to left-back in place of the inadequate Gilbert but Barker's best position is CB, in my opinion. Maybe Commingues could do a job at left-back - I believe he has played there in the past.

I'm hearing that Comminges isn't setting the world on fire at training. Paterson is back training after his tonsilitus. Spencer is fit after his ankle injury. Corr is having more problems with his back. Grant has a bad ankle, but shouldn't keep him out.

Be very interesting to see what PS goes with, as it's Burns Night I'll go for an all Scottish front line!

Morris
Clohessy Barker Mohsni Gilbert
Ferdinand Grant Easton Hall
Sturrock Paterson

Subs: Corr, Sawyer, Spencer, Herd, Comminges, Evans, Crawford

Corr was targetted massively by Bury. There was one occasion in the first half when Corr was challenged just past the half-way line and the challenging defender purposefully fell on Corr, then pushed his head into Corr's chest quite forcefully as he got up. He was always going to be roughed up, but the knock he took in the second half looked particularly nasty.

Morris
Clohessy Mohsni Barker Gilbert
Ferdinand Easton
Sturrock Grant Hall
Corr

Subs: Evans, Coughlan, Comminges, Soares, Crawford, Woodyard, Spencer/Paterson

Sawyer needs to settle in but if he does start he is the type of player who needs to be fed the ball early from defence or Grant his choice of pass is good cos he generally keeps it on the ground but remember he has only played 8-9 games in BBSS for woking in the last 12 months any player would need a little time to pick up the pace again but when he is on the ball he shines so if the midfield an defence look for him he can play make his work rate will improve with the more games he plays expect him to be in full flow aftee 3-4 games and dont put to much early pressure on him.Moshni to start as well

Back