• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team line up

OlvisIII

Coach
No Tudor again and no Goughy. Look a bit light with our seam attack for Northants today. Any thoughts?

Northampton was I think where Mark Ilott took his 9-19 with a hat-trick of lbws, but in recent years Northants' spinners have taken a shed load of wickets. Swann's moved on, but Jason Brown is still about. Monty Panesaar is also on Northants' books but is playing for British Unis. He looked a top prospect. I saw him in the nets during the last Ashes and he had all the England batsman in trouble. Worryingly, he hasn't kicked on though.

92-1

ps Pleased to see Phillips get given the thumbs up as second spinner and not everyone's favourite Kolpak-er!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 11 2005,13:01)]Pleased to see Phillips get given the thumbs up as second spinner and not everyone's favourite Kolpak-er!
And he's picked up a wicket already - his current figures are:

O M R W
T J Phillips 5 2 5 1

Superb!  Northants are 137/3 off 46.

biggrin.gif

By the way, can't believe our counties are facing each other before our football match with the Cobblers, just as Essex were giving Somerset a good pasting before we lost to Yeovil.

ghostface.gif

It's that whole sporting ying-yang thing again, I know it...

down.gif

Matt

BB - who's the bird in your sig?

Northants 164/3 at the moment - Shafayat (why does his name ring a bell? Does he play Test level for someone?) is on 84 and looking well set.

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 11 2005,14:58)]BB - who's the bird in your sig?
Matt,

It's Janel Maloney from The West Wing

Northants now 184 - 3, Steyn going at 5 an over. We now have spin at both ends, Middlebrook and Phillips. Looking like a good toss for Northants to win.

Paul

Big, big mistake leaving Gough AND Tudor out and if we go onto lose it could mean we lose the momentum we currently have. Im not saying play both, but we should be playing one of them, especially as Dale is always on the expensive side. Had we batted first, perhaps, but N'ton are set for 400+ and the best we can aim for is a draw IMO due to the fact we haven't got the ability to take 20 wickets ...

253-3

hmmm...

Not too much to report apart from Steyn bowling no balls and having the most expensive figures.

We don't need to bowl them out as they are batting first. they will set us a score to win and it will be a close game.

Billericay Blue....

4 wickets for 23 runs at the weekend?

Good return!!

Keep it up! Heard my name being touted?
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 11 2005,14:54)]137 - 3, 1 wicket apiece for Napes, Andre and Phillips.

HKB, I think Illots 9 fer was at Luton, somebody else took shedloads of wickets for sod-all

Thought so...
Good call BB!

Can't believe it was (a) so long ago - even Lamb was still playing and (b) we actually lost!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 11 2005,16:11)]Billericay Blue....

4 wickets for 23 runs at the weekend?

Good return!!

Keep it up! Heard my name being touted?  
wink.gif
And 25 runs as well  
tounge.gif

Seen your name touted in the Billericay section of the league handbook, should I have seen it elsewhere?

Where are you playing on Saturday?

for some reason it puts me with the 2nd team. i been in 1st team 2 games in the cup. 2 wickets caught behind. i come in for a few overs and try and hit the deck.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,11:49)]for some reason it puts me with the 2nd team. i been in 1st team 2 games in the cup. 2 wickets caught behind. i come in for  a few overs and try and hit the deck.
So where are you this week ?

BTW Northants 440-6, Phillips has picked up another one. Telegraph reckons we dropped a few chances yesterday, the 2 easiest being Shafayat when he had 50 odd, and Afzall when he had 30 odd

479 - 7, another one for Phillips.

I'm guessing Middlebrook has injured himself as he's only bowled 10 overs in the innings

erm,

west essex away. lovely jubbly.

it says in the handbook that they have worked and repaired the square. i bet the scores will be under 150.

i have pulled my hamstring and am not ready for the start of the season. i have put on a fair bit of pace over the winter.
smile.gif

just need to get my wickets every other week coz i dont get much help from blunts wall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,12:38)]erm,

west essex away. lovely jubbly.

it says in the handbook that they have worked and repaired the square. i bet the scores will be under 150.

i have pulled my hamstring and am not ready for the start of the season. i have put on a fair bit of pace over the winter.  
smile.gif

just need to get my wickets every other week coz i dont get much help from blunts wall.
Must be honest, I never mind going there. As you say there's normally a bit in it for the bowlers. Won't be a 150 track if you're at the top of the square, as the boundary that side is shorter there than the one on the top of our sqaure, which is saying something
tounge.gif

Back