• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team line up

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 12 2005,13:12)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,12:38)]erm,

west essex away. lovely jubbly.

it says in the handbook that they have worked and repaired the square. i bet the scores will be under 150.

i have pulled my hamstring and am not ready for the start of the season. i have put on a fair bit of pace over the winter.  
smile.gif

just need to get my wickets every other week coz i dont get much help from blunts wall.
Must be honest, I never mind going there. As you say there's normally a bit in it for the bowlers. Won't be a 150 track if you're at the top of the square, as the boundary that side is shorter there than the one on the top of our sqaure, which is saying something
tounge.gif
herongate
biggrin.gif

or does that not count

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 11 2005,15:38)]Big, big mistake leaving Gough AND Tudor out
Isn't Tudor about to undergo surgery on his ankle - indeed, he may be having it this week?

rock.gif

If so, that "pay as you play" deal is beginning to look like a very shrewd bit of business...

oops.gif

Northants have recently declared on 552/7. Ufzaal got 168. Either it's a flat track or we've bowled like drains... either way, that's a meaty total to reach.

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2005,14:27)]Northants have recently declared on 552/7.  Ufzaal got 168.  Either it's a flat track or we've bowled like drains... either way, that's a meaty total to reach.

suspect.gif
It's probably a bit of both Matt. Northampton is probably one of the flattest pitches (along with Taunton) around, but we dropped a couple of catches as well, which doesn't help matters
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,14:19)]herongate  
biggrin.gif

or does that not count
Funnily enough, that's not a ground I've ever played at, although the way I bowl my offers that's probably no bad thing, could see me going over the road a few times
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 12 2005,14:35)]
[b said:
biggrin.gif

or does that not count
Funnily enough, that's not a ground I've ever played at, although the way I bowl my offers that's probably no bad thing, could see me going over the road a few times  
wink.gif
you mean your wickets come via catches in the deep?

[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

or does that not count
wink.gif
Well, we came flying out of the blocks - 33 in the first 7 overs - but Cook has already gone, which is a bit daft when you're chasing 552, with a lot of time left in the game...

rock.gif
oops.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 12 2005,15:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

or does that not count
wink.gif
Well, we came flying out of the blocks - 33 in the first 7 overs - but Cook has already gone, which is a bit daft when you're chasing 552, with a lot of time left in the game...

rock.gif

oops.gif
has he gone to notch up some food for tea
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,14:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

or does that not count
wink.gif
you mean your wickets come via catches in the deep?
Well I bowl off-spin so I get a few numpty's who think they can take me on, although not as many as most of my team-mates would have you think  
biggrin.gif

Still, I'm only the 4th person in our club's history to take over 1,000 senior wickets so I must be doing something right.....

WOW,

how many seasons you been playing for?

i think i might start bowling spin when my body can't take it anymore...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 12 2005,15:33)]WOW,

how many seasons you been playing for?

i think i might start bowling spin when  my body can't take it anymore...
Played my 1st senior game in 1983, although I started out as a batsman, took to bowling around about 1987, had a year out 2 seasons ago due to back problems. At the end of last season I had 1,048 wickets in about 17 seasons, 100 wickets in a season twice....

I think Essex's plan is to deliberately fall short and follow on. We'll then rack up a big score and declare and then on a turning 5th day wicket bowl Northants out to win.

The only flaw in the plan is that Northants won't enforce the follow on......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 12 2005,17:17)]I think Essex's plan is to deliberately fall short and follow on. We'll then rack up a big score and declare and then on a turning 5th day wicket bowl Northants out to win.

And that the game only lasts 4 days
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ May 12 2005,17:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 12 2005,17:17)]I think Essex's plan is to deliberately fall short and follow on. We'll then rack up a big score and declare and then on a turning 5th day wicket bowl Northants out to win.

And that the game only lasts 4 days  
tounge.gif
Ha ha! Good spot.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Less amusing is Irani is now out and we're in all sorts of trouble at 152-5, make that 6 as Middlebook out second ball.
down.gif

Perhaps Essex have realised this sporting ying-yang thing going on and after realising football is better than cricket they have decided to lose the cricket so we can win the football.

Very generous of them. How did it finish at the close of play?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ May 12 2005,23:46)]Perhaps Essex have realised this sporting ying-yang thing going on and after realising football is better than cricket they have decided to lose the cricket so we can win the football.

Very generous of them. How did it finish at the close of play?!
156-7

163-7

foster and napier 2 more than capable batsman...

lets see where we go from here...

me and my big mouth maybe???

Back