• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bluearmy

Youth Team
UPDATED
Southend captain Maher 8 faces a race against time to be fit for the visit
of Huddersfield to Roots Hall.
The Irishman has been struggling with a knee tendon problem, but will hope to
be available after a week of rest.
Defender Spencer Prior could be recalled after shaking off the calf strain
that has kept him out of the last two games.
Prior will tussle for a place with Andy Edwards, who is back in training after
picking up a groin strain against Walsall last weekend.
Mark Bentley and Mitchell Cole (both ankle) have also returned to training,
but the game is expected to come too soon.
Manager Steve Tilson will have to decide whether to include Shaun Goater from
the start, after the Bermudan climbed off the bench to grab an 89th-minute
equaliser against the Saddlers.

Andy Booth will undergo a late fitness test ahead of Huddersfield's trip to
Southend.
The striker sustained a slight hamstring injury in last week's defeat of
Swansea and was forced to sit out training earlier in the week.
Summer signing Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Junior Mendes and John McAliskey all
featured for the reserves in midweek and could come into consideration if Booth
fails to make it.
Defender Nathan Clarke has been nursing a knee injury this week, but is
expected to retain his place at the heart of Town's defence.
Boss Peter Jackson has no other new injury or suspension worries, but David
Mirfin (hamstring) and Adnan Ahmed (tendonitis) remain long-term absentees.

191010 AUG 05

Bentley and Cole unlikely, along with Maher being a possible doubt?? Not keen on the sound of that. Looks like Smith could be thrown in at the deep end, though i'm sure he will rise upto the challenge, it's more his fitness is a worry for me...

I reckon that if the Goat is up for 60 mins then i would start him in place of Freddy. Hudders are quite strong defensively, so i hear, i reckon we could batter the defences down with wayne and the goat and then bring on fred to finish em off............................

..........maybe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bluearmy @ Aug. 19 2005,16:42)]Prior will tussle for a place with Andy Edwards
Hope they don't injure each other, looks like the last thing we need is another knackered player...

Don't think we should drop Freddy, wouldn't do his confidence any good and he's not really done anything to deserve being dropped. Also, as their defence cocentrates on Freddy, Wayne prospers. Goater can come off the bench to cause some havoc!

Back