• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BluesMike61

Youth Team
.... via Mrs John White on Twitter.

For a well deserved short break. Not sure where though.

I hope that it recharges the batteries.

UTB

4 day break I heard.
From 15th Feb, we have 4 games in 10 days. A change of scenery, nicer weather and a break. Team spirit is already one of the best ever, that's from a lot of people and players at the club, so this is probably to recharge the batteries, create an even greater togetherness if possible, and ready them for the final push.
I just hope Phil Brown has learnt something from these last few games so he uses his cards more wisely and gives those players that clearly need it, a rest.
A month ago I thought he was a tremendous manager , but he has failed miserably since to keep the team fresh by changing things around. There are still a lot of knackered players starting the games.

Training at the moment must be very wearying because of the constraints of the weather, a change of scenery and climate will do them all good.

Nice bit of warm weather will be beneficial to the team.Change of scenery and a chance to recharge the batteries.

Where's the money coming from!?

No news of any unpaid wages this season and a Madrid pre season trip and now this? I'm not complaining but who's putting the money in?

Where's the money coming from!?

No news of any unpaid wages this season and a Madrid pre season trip and now this? I'm not complaining but who's putting the money in?

Has a Madrid pre-season trip been confirmed? :unsure: As I recall that has previously been largely financed by Insure and Go's parent company, so minimal cost to the club. Certainly wages are up to date though.

Maybe some of the FA Cup money was put aside with this in mind?

Has a Madrid pre-season trip been confirmed? :unsure: As I recall that has previously been largely financed by Insure and Go's parent company, so minimal cost to the club. Certainly wages are up to date though.

Maybe some of the FA Cup money was put aside with this in mind?

I was meaning pre season just gone.

Sure is. My old man was lucky enough to bump into the entire squad at the airport this morning. Chatted to quite a few of them and said Barney said how pleased he was to be back. Apparently Boots and Laces has been flooded for a while and has made any decent standard of training pretty much impossible, so they'll be taking the short break to recharge the batteries and have a few decent training sessions.

Has Ron finally found the war chest stuffed to the brim with the Eastwood money or...?!

The warmer climate will do them good and give them a chance to get in some more effective training - especially if B & L is water logged

Back