• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not a big fan of friendlies but we only have a couple left (so far) until the start of the season with a cup game against Peterborough .......... so I reckon that we might be able to tell quite a lot about the "first choice XI" from how the team lines up at 7:45 .............. and it might tell us some more about formations and style of play. :unsure:

The only place there isn't much competition seems to be in goal but otherwise I will be looking with interest at the central defence partnership, the whole of the midfield and who starts up front.

I think Philips, Eastwood, Hall, Clohessey and Straker will start but otherwise .......... hhhhmmmm ....... I wish there was a "smilie" for scratching the head ...........:'(

From what i can gather, Hall and Eastwood could do with another month in the gym. Someone please tell me im wrong.

When someone said Eastwoods been at the bar, they didn't mean in the gym....or was it too many chocolate bars?

I have my ticket for tonight and as has been said I think it could be a pointer for the season/style ahead. With a good surface and cool evening it is a game full of promise; especially if B.B.Corr plays. Might be a surprise trialist too.

This is the line up we discussed yesterday in Madrid.

Bentley

Sean/Phillips/Cresswell/Prosser
Hall/Leonard/Brogan/Martin
Benyon/Eastwood

Bentley

Clohessy/Phillips/Cresswell/Straker

Hall/Brogan/Spicer or Ferdinand/Hurst

Eastwood/Benyon

That'd do me for this evening.

Interesting no Ferdinand or Straker, but we will see what happenes. My choice would be:

Bentley
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker - Straker
Hall - Ferdinand - Spicer - Martin
Harris - Eastwood

Cresswell to replace Barker at half time to see who perfroms better

dont get why we havent announced this "mystery" signing yet, would it not benefit everyone to have an extra game with the player?

Back