• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
....................................SMITH.....................................
CLOHESSEY......PHILLIPS............CRESSWELL..........BARKER
LEONARD..........SPICER..............FERDINAND..............HALL
.......................TOMLIN......BENYON...............................

bench: EASTWOOD,HARRIS,ASSOMBALONGA,PROSSER,STRAKER,BELFORD,WOODYARD

YEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

....................................SMITH.....................................
CLOHESSEY......PHILLIPS............CRESSWELL..........BARKER
LEONARD..........SPICER..............FERDINAND..............HALL
.......................TOMLIN......BENYON...............................

bench: EASTWOOD,HARRIS,ASSOMBALONGA,PROSSER,STRAKER,BELFORD,WOODYARD

YEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Don't think you're too far off, maybe another striker in place of Benyon. Difficult to predict the line up after the past couple of results and being so early on in the season.

Smith
Clohessy - Phillips - Cresswell - Straker
Leonard - Spicer - Ferdinand - Hall
Tomlin - Harris
Subs: Belford - Barker - Prosser - Woodyard - Assombalonga - Benyon - Eastwood

Would be the line up I would like to see. Would like to see us play the ball to feet against these as all they will do is constantly pump it foward which will suit Phillips and Cress. Maybe switch Barker or Prosser for Straker if they target him but other than that think this team could cause them problems. Clohessy and Straker over lapping would be good, like we done against them last season,

i know he's got a bit of stick from some fans , i just think there's something about Benyon that we really should be using.

Although a tiddler , in fact i think he's got the shortest legs in world football , he battles really well + has learnt the art of backing in just enough + turning a big lumbering centre half just like Barnard used to do .

The boy is quick + can finish as his record at this level proves. Give him a run of games Sturrock + we ve got ourselves a 30 goal a year striker !!! ( Especially when / if we get a big man alongside him )

Tomlin is a bag of energy so can play in the hole supporting Benyon ...

Northampton 2 Southend 3 ...... eeee iiiii eee iii eee iii ooooo ... up the football league we go........

i know he's got a bit of stick from some fans , i just think there's something about Benyon that we really should be using.

Although a tiddler , in fact i think he's got the shortest legs in world football , he battles really well + has learnt the art of backing in just enough + turning a big lumbering centre half just like Barnard used to do .

The boy is quick + can finish as his record at this level proves. Give him a run of games Sturrock + we ve got ourselves a 30 goal a year striker !!! ( Especially when / if we get a big man alongside him )

Northampton 2 Southend 3 ...... eeee iiiii eee iii eee iii ooooo ... up the football league we go........

30 goals a season, are you sure?

I don't care if he's not 100% fit, Freddy has to play, we need a ****ing goalscorer on the pitch!

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Prosser
Hall Ferdinand Spicer Hurst
Tomlin Eastwood

Even though we're no longer playing hoofball, we are creating chances by crossing the ball in from wide. Think Tomlin and Benyon are too small for this, we do need someone bigger to play up top.

I too think Benyon is decent, and also said when we signed Tomlin that I don't rate him- based on what I've seen of him in non-league and at Brentford. People are excited now by his pace and willingness to drive forward, but for a striker he doesn't really score goals... that being said he will start tomorrow.

Luggy says Freddie unlikely to be involved. If it is the case that Belford made some very good stops at Ox then cannot see Smith starting. But I was not at Ox and others who were may say Smith should start.

I think he will stick with 451

but Id go :

....................................BELFORD......... ............................
CLOHESSEY......PHILLIPS............CRESSWELL...... ....BARKER
LEONARD..........SPICER..............FERDINAND.... ..........HALL
.......................TOMLIN......HARRIS......... ......................

Freddy won't play as he'll risk being out even longer.

My team -

Smith

Clohessy
Philips (c)
Cresswell
Straker

Hall
Spicer
Ferdinand
Hurst

Tomlin
Harris

Subs

Belford
Benyon
Assombalonga
Prosser
Barker
Leonard
Woodyard

Scored 56 goals already in his career. You need to check the facts before making stupid assumptions

Wow, easy there tiger with you neg rep and excuse me for not going on Wikipedia.

1 goal in 5 months, excuse me for not wetting myself with joy at his name on the team sheet.

I don't care if he's not 100% fit, Freddy has to play, we need a ****ing goalscorer on the pitch!

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Prosser
Hall Ferdinand Spicer Hurst
Tomlin Eastwood

As Fbm says he has a calf injury, theres no point in aggravating it or he will be out even longer. Harris is available isnt he ?

Benyon is quality . He is just suffering from the Gary Hooper syndrome .... Roots Hall crowd not getting behind him , and a few minutes here and there as a sub in a lost game not helping his goals per game ratio recently. He has proved he can do it at Div 2 level. That goal he got towards end of last season at the Hall where he pounced on a loose ball in the box , made space in an instant with a deft bodyswerve + rip a corker into the roof of the net was awesome. .... very Defoe like ... forget the other strikers in our squad , Benyon is the one we should be building a team around. If he starts at Sixfields, he scores , we win the match . Simples .

Benyon is quality . He is just suffering from the Gary Hooper syndrome .... Roots Hall crowd not getting behind him , and a few minutes here and there as a sub in a lost game not helping his goals per game ratio recently. He has proved he can do it at Div 2 level. That goal he got towards end of last season at the Hall where he pounced on a loose ball in the box , made space in an instant with a deft bodyswerve + rip a corker into the roof of the net was awesome. .... very Defoe like ... forget the other strikers in our squad , Benyon is the one we should be building a team around. If he starts at Sixfields, he scores , we win the match . Simples .

Are you related to Benyon in any way, shape or form?

Back