• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Team Tomorrow

Now that we are safe do you think some of the fringe players will get a run out in the remaining games?

What about Big Tony Clark and Ben Nevis the youth teamers? Or Drewe Peacock? I think it's time we gave our youngsters a fair crack of the whip before we dump them horrendously.

I think we should play the u13's tomorrow and give the first team an extended pre-season lay off.

Yeah especially with that 11 year old who has scored 150 goals this season for the youth team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 23 2004,11:30)]Yeah especially with that 11 year old who has scored 150 goals this season for the youth team.
Must have been that coach ET, passing on his wisdom....

Its bad enough for Kightly - heard he needs a note from his mum to be allowed up late for evening games!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 23 2004,11:18)]Now that we are safe do you think some of the fringe players will get a run out in the remaining games?
No one at the club has had a fringe since David Morley's bowl cut.

Seriously, with Gower now out for the season, surely it is time to pick Jenkins or Clark (S) to play on the left, and see if they deserve a new contract?

I personally would like to see Jenkins at left-back, and Nicolau on the wing...
rock.gif
rock.gif

I also hope Tilly & Brush give some others a run out. Theres a few who might well be looking to impress to earn a contract (Clarke, Jenks,) and others who are coming back from injuries (Corbett, Husbands). Who knows, now the sun is out and its warm maybe even Tes might want to play!
wow.gif

Flavs

Jupp
Nicolau
Hunt
Cort

Constantine
Bentley
Maher
Corbett

Broughton
Dudfield

You heard it here first
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 24 2004,09:02)]Flavs

Jupp
Nicolau
Hunt
Cort

Constantine
Bentley
Maher
Corbett

Broughton
Dudfield

You heard it here first
biggrin.gif
So you don't think Warren will get his place back?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 23 2004,11:30)]Yeah especially with that 11 year old who has scored 150 goals this season for the youth team.
My ex-team mate (Steve Jones who played for West ham, Charlton, Bristol City, SUFC on loan, Wycombe) scored over 100 goals a season (18 in a game I remember) for about 3/4 years on the trot when he played U10,U11,U12,U13?. Looking at him now and when he was on loan with us when we were in Div 2, he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

I'd rather go for a geezer "fat tony" who plays Thurrock Sunday League and has hit several goals from 30+ yards. Mind you the quality of keepers in the Thurrock Sunday League Div 3 and below is pretty shocking even worse than Embo!!!

Back