• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

just thought i'd slipthis thought in.
After the recent performances it's great to see so many happy shrimpers before during and after the game.

I sit near to the bloke who for seasons has been heard to shout those immortal words "Get that lazy whore off!" or "Rubbish !"
Well he is a passionate supporter who shouts instinctivly what some of us think, ok that's not good confidence building for the team but we go to let off steam right?

Last night I sat next to this chap. There's a twinkle in his eye, for his mature age he was bouncing on his seat like a kid unravelling an Ipod or PSP for his birthday. he turned to me and said "this is good isn't it!" laughing in a way that reminded me how that chap must of reacted when he stole a phone of Gavin henson and looked through the photo files.

Yeovil, our bogey team, outplayed us for the start, went one up....and we go and do that.

Makes years of watching journeymen playing half heartedly wothwhile, just for these moments.

Tilly and Brush eh? what wouldn't you do for 'em if they ever needed your last £1

The atmosphere was excellent last night, much better than in recent games. The South Lower was especially louder than usual, and as you say everyone left with a smile on their faces.

I was worried that the bigger crowd was going to work against as we went 1-0 down at the brea. However the players helped them to sing, and that was taht, great atmosphere

I've always felt that the bigger the crowd = the worse we play = the worse the atmoshere. Whether its cos the 'extras' just turn up and expect to be entertained, or the players see the bigger crowd and freeze a little i'm not sure.

No such problems Tuesday, maybe it was a little subdued first half, my mates and i sit at the back of the RBS and try to get things going... with mixed results sometimes, but once the equalizer went in i thought it was electric, almost as good as the performance !!

In fact i'm still grinning like some insane baboon 40 hours later !!! 28 years at 'the Hall'.. through thick and thin i can barely remember a time when we simply dismantled a side like that, and lets not forget that Yeovil are a decent side, but we made mugs of them.. long may it continue !!!

Back