• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes we do have a kit man. His name is Kelvin.

Im not looking to cause trouble or start rumours. The side posted was the side pencilled in to start on Saturday,

Barr Corr has a bug and is very ill.. And doesnt look like he will shake it off in time

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Corr is 50/50 with a bug and Sawyer is probably out for the rest of the season, with a potential ruptured ankle ligament injury.

Marvellous......

Pretty much bugger all creativity (what with Hall playing out of position) for a virtually non-existent strikeforce then. We could well get thumped on Saturday.

I don't think we will be able to name a full bench. If not, what was the lowest number we put on the bench last season?

I'd heard that Hall was one of those with the lurgy so glad to hear he trained today.

I hope Stevens does play personally, I can't see much chance of the playoffs and would like to see him make his mark, seems like a nifty player by all accounts.

Thought that it said that 2 player were ill and that another one was injured, as said on this thread it could be Sawyer.

Also, can't believe that no-one has asked this, why would the kit man know the starting line-up?

How the club could not get one single player on on loan when our injury list is

Gilbert
Mohsni
Phillips
Prosser
Herd
Sawyer (if true)
Comminges
Ferdinand (I know not ijured, but)
Easton
Corr (again if true)

Thats 10 players unavailable.

A complete and utter farce. I really can't beleive that 43 + players have turned us down, there has got to be something else going on.

Ferdinand and Corr (hopefully) will be back for Aldershot, and maybe Mohnsi after that, but the rest are out for almost the rest of the season (only 6 weeks). If we pick up any more then it will be impossible.

Anything from Saturday is a bonus, and thank god we are playing Stockport, as almost any other side in the division will hammer that starting XI

Thought that it said that 2 player were ill and that another one was injured, as said on this thread it could be Sawyer.

Also, can't believe that no-one has asked this, why would the kit man know the starting line-up?

Corr & Hall have a bug. Hall appears to have recovered, Corr on the other hand is struggling.

And it is Sawyer who is injured and probably out for the season, I can assure you of that.

Sheena's comments on how the injured are progressing are in his blog on the OS -
http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/Blogs/0,,10444~2323164,00.html

Think it's pretty evident that we're still under an embargo although according to SUFCRootsHall twitter the players Sturrock went after didn't want to join us because of the level of football in League Two and players not rating our chances of play-offs. Strange therefore that Lincoln have signed two players today, Burton have signed someone and even Hereford have managed to sign Jason Price on loan till the end of the season!

I presume Sawyer picked up his injury in training?
With so few players available until the end of the season you have to hope that the players only do light training from now on.

I believe Sawyer picked up the injury on the training pitch, yes.

I think the problem is a lot of the players did not have a proper pre-season and obviously too few have been carrying the load lately.

They have just run themselves into the ground and are now paying the price.

Back