• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mr Gilbo

Manager
Anyone else get an email about this?!

Not sure it is really a good idea to be honest.

You get it automatically if you are a season ticket holder, but if you aren't a season ticket holder it will cost a tenner. Now one benefit is that it will put you in 2nd place in priority for away tickets and cup matches.

BUT it is a let down in the merchandise section as it is replacing the current discount according to the email. Which if I recall is 10% off in the club shop. Now you will get 5 points for every £1 spent. And 500 points is worth a fiver.

So under the old discount scheme you as a season ticket holder could get a home shirt for £36 (£40 minus 10%). But now it will cost you £40 and you will get 200 points, which is only 5%.

I suppose a bonus is that it operates like the nectar scheme as you can collect points based on you online shopping. And then spend these points in the club shop. But there are just too many of these scheme around these days. I seem to have Nectar, Tescos, Waterstones, Boots, WH Smiths in my wallet and regularly use quidco online!!

So is it worth it?! Can you see yourselves using it?!

Not seen this, but haven't checked my email for a while which might explain things. Being a seaso the priority thing doesn't bother me, but taking the 10% discount away to be replaced by another scheme is a bit tight-fisted by the club IMO - I wonder how much that decision was influenced by Just Sport... ?

I would rather have my 10% off the price of the shop stuff.

Maybe you should get a poll added to canvass opinion aswell?

If 500 points = £5 then £40 = 400 points. i.e. £4. Or am I missing something (like a brain?) :confused:

If 500 points = £5 then £40 = 400 points. i.e. £4. Or am I missing something (like a brain?) :confused:

Spend £40 in the shop. You get 5 points per £1 spent so thats 200 points. So if 500 points is worth £5 then you would guess that 200 points is £2. However as a seaso that means I only get half what I used to get.

Plus for non seasos they have to pay £10 for it but you get £5 discount included. So by that you need to get 500 points back before you start getting anything really. Which I think means you need to spend £100 in the shop before you break even.

I wonder if thats £10 per year or just a one off.

Or am I missing the brain? :)

Last edited:
I think this is a really good system because there is now a loyalty scheme for away tickets which I believe the Shrimpers Trust we're pushing for, so for £10 you now get second prioity for tickets.

As for the discount, again I think is a better way to claim a discount because you can build up point for tickets and club merchandise at other stores and use them at SUFC. I went on their website the other night and see other clubs have also joined up to the scheme, more noticably Chelsea. So build your points up over the year and get a FREE home shirt or AWAY shirt?? or save it up for christmas. Obviously we'll have to wait for the terms and conditions to see if that is possible. But I feel this is going to be a good system once we get use to it.

I got an email today, and I think it is a really good idea. Currently being at Uni, I cant afford a season ticket, like I had before I went to Uni, so I am very pleased about it, meaning I can this for a tenner.

Had we have had it last year, a proper Southend fan like myself would have been able to attend the United match, instead to a bunch of people who wanted to see United, not us.

Surely you are entilted to 10% at least until the end of the season as when you brought the season ticket you brought it on the understanding you get 10% off in the club shop. If they bring this in with imediate effect then Im sure some people will be taking the matter further...

I got an email today, and I think it is a really good idea. Currently being at Uni, I cant afford a season ticket, like I had before I went to Uni, so I am very pleased about it, meaning I can this for a tenner.

Had we have had it last year, a proper Southend fan like myself would have been able to attend the United match, instead to a bunch of people who wanted to see United, not us.

Yeah you could of queued up for 5 hours like the rest of us seaso's then! :(

Yep, and you try telling me it wasnt well worth it!!

As it turned out ofcourse not....but then I also queued up almost as long for Spurs (twice). I was just saying that it aint always that great being a seaso. ;)

However, I do like the new "online system" for seaso's so long as they can extend it to the 3 seaso's I pay for (ie moi and my two kiddie winks). That would be great.

Last edited:
good idea purely so that you aren't in with the general sales people... would be good if you got 50p of a match day ticket like other clubs but in the end i reckon they'll make money and also if there is another "man utd" match will save on the grief

I certainly will be taking it further. It is part of the conditions:

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10444,00.html

Just read through the terms and conditions on the season ticket leaflet application form.....which can be viewed here:

http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/16/26/0,,10444~75286,00.pdf

(its on page 3/4)
cant see any mention in the t & c in there..... but thinking about it...

...if you get points by buying tickets (do you?) , but if you buy a season that costs on average £380. You times that by 5 points which comes to 1900 points which coverts into £19??? Thats if we've got the right points to pounds conversion rate going. Could be completley wrong, will wait till we all know how its going to work....

Last edited:
Back