• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
This time for the Mercedes Benz Elite Cup:

Great news, let's hope we see more of him in the not to distant future as Southends no.1 when Bents goes off to take over the world and steal Joe Hart's no.1 England shirt.

Great news, let's hope we see more of him in the not to distant future as Southends no.1 when Bents goes off to take over the world and steal Joe Hart's no.1 England shirt.

Nice thought Ricey, but we may have to wait a while before Joe Hart is ousted.

Boothroyd was saying on TV at the weekend how important it is that these players are getting games at their clubs so for Ted to still be picked when sitting on the bench indicates he is very highly thought of.

How many under-20 players are playing regular first-team football?

I just had a look at the five strikers in the squad and they seem to be getting minutes (some on loan) this season.

However it's clearly harder for a keeper to get minutes, especially at that age. His main competitor is Joe Wildsmith from Wednesday, who had a loan at Barnsley earlier in the year and is now in the first team for Wednesday.

I just had a look at the five strikers in the squad and they seem to be getting minutes (some on loan) this season.

However it's clearly harder for a keeper to get minutes, especially at that age. His main competitor is Joe Wildsmith from Wednesday, who had a loan at Barnsley earlier in the year and is now in the first team for Wednesday.
Yeah he was saying a lot of the Prem players were out on loan and playing so Ted's inclusion is somewhat surprising, as I say he must be very impressed to keep picking him.

Yeah he was saying a lot of the Prem players were out on loan and playing so Ted's inclusion is somewhat surprising, as I say he must be very impressed to keep picking him.

and, stating the obvious, to be sitting on the bench in League One as well.
i would have thought it would be a good time for him to go on loan but maybe Big Phil thinks he'll learn more being on the bench with us. Given that Bentley didn't go out on loan much he might be right.
also, i think Ted has grown up quite a bit physically since those games last year. i don't usually get to games early enough to see much of the warm up but i did on Saturday and it looks like there's more of him than there was

Back