• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ted Smith

Think this must be to put himself in the shop window to find a club and get match fitness.

FORMER Southend United goalkeeper Ted Smith is lining up between the sticks for Tottenham Hotspur’s under 23 team at Ebbsfleet United this afternoon.

More...

Wow! It could be a massive game for him. Wish him all the best.

edit: according to his wiki page, it reads as though his signed for Tottenham.

Thought he was a decent keeper, shame the injury hampered his progress. Wish him the best of luck and hope he finds a club.

Best of luck Ted finding a new club soon. That injury plus the rise of Bishop meant we didn't see you get us much game time with us as we'd have hoped

My son reminded me that Ted had spent time with Spurs previously when he was our 3rd choice keeper behind Dan.

Must admit to being somewhat surprised as had been told that he might have been off to the West Country along with a certain ex captain.

Good luck to him; still think it was a mistake to let him go!

In terms of ability you're probably correct. But we can't really afford 3 'keepers on the wage bill, especially if we can get someone in on loan in an emergency.

Unfortunately for Ted, releasing him was the logical decision given the game time Bishop and Oxley have enjoyed recently.

Spoke to one of our youth coaches over Christmas and ted still trains with us apparently...

The fact that our young GK, who showed enough promise to be capped at several levels in the national set up has not managed to come back well enough from serious injury to secure a club.

Yep, it's very sad. I hope he has a back up plan, because he's spent his whole life gearing up to have a career as a professional goalkeeper. It would be nice if the club could employ him in some capacity.

The fact that our young GK, who showed enough promise to be capped at several levels in the national set up has not managed to come back well enough from serious injury to secure a club.

Oh I get you. I am sure he will get a club, its just a matter of time. He's good enough, just needs a bit of lucky

Back