• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ted Smith

We’ve offered a contract... if I was him I’d probably tell us to do one, not because Tottenham are interested, but if he weren’t good enough then, he’s made to feel 2nd best.

SOUTHEND United are looking to bring Ted Smith back to the club but could face competition from Tottenham Hotspur.

More...

It seems a bit of a coincidence to me that Ted has been free all season but just as we might be interested in offering a contract, Spurs suddenly come back into the picture. Perhaps Ted's agent is trying to up our offer?

I'd get him in, not cause I see him as the future but because I feel we need to give Seaden and Taylor first-team football at conference level.

We’ve offered a contract... if I was him I’d probably tell us to do one, not because Tottenham are interested, but if he weren’t good enough then, he’s made to feel 2nd best.

Often happens to your reserve keeper.

On the plus side it wasn't a rejection of Ted Smith, it was more a case of Bishop was next in line. If we had not of played him then we wouldn't be getting a decent package from Man U.

I'd get him in, not cause I see him as the future but because I feel we need to give Seaden and Taylor first-team football at conference level.

Seaden has already had loan spells and played at National level.

It had nothing to do with his ability. It had everything to do with him not being fit and us having two perfectly good goalkeepers in Oxley and Bishop. At least we allowed him to train with us and regain fitness.

It'll be interesting to see what happens though.

Seaden has already had loan spells and played at National level.

Harry Seaden played two games for Dagenham in the FA Trophy but didn't feature for them in the National League.

Last I heard he was injured - presumably he still is as he wasn't even on the bench for the u23s yesterday?

Rumour is Ted was offered a deal with us until the end of the season but wanted 18 months.....But that is not from one of my vetted and fully rigsby approved sources.

Rumour is Ted was offered a deal with us until the end of the season but wanted 18 months.....But that is not from one of my vetted and fully rigsby approved sources.

Chris Phillips says he's agreed terms but can't be registered yet.

If they allowed this one through there would be no need for an emergency goalkeeper loan.

If they allowed this one through there would be no need for an emergency goalkeeper loan.

Yes it does seem a little silly that we are allowed to sign an emergency loan keeper from another club but not a player who currently doesn't have a club!

Back