• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Teletext League One Review

Whilst flicking through the teletext tonight I noticed that league One was being reviewed, was also slightly concerned that we didn't have an entry in the fanzines section, anyway here's what was said about us;-

TeletextSUFC.jpg

And worringly, they predict bad things for the Vale, so...we have to win on Saturday ! :-(

TeletextPortvale.jpg

Bugger.

I wouldnt' worry too much, there are some glaring inaccuracies there. Did they just make it up?

How can you possibly mention players in our promotion bid without mentioning Sir Barrett?

Also, which games was Gower consistent in?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 04 2005,22:32)]Also, which games was Gower consistent in?
Yep, I read that and jumped out of my comfy armchair shouting at the screen much to the bemusement of my most significant other. Bentley! I cried, Fecking Bentley did more than Gower.
But...if Gower can turn on that old charm we'll be laughing eh? if he gets a place that is!
biggrin.gif

Nice to see some people in the Media don't think we're going down.... just read FourFourTwo's season preview, they seem to be a bit worried about our attendances.... even though they were higher last season than Col U, MK Dons, Torquay etc...

Would have had something in, if only ITV knew how to organise a p%&s up in a brewery - lost count of the amount of times I tried to email them to find out where to send our teletext submission last season but no response. Cheers.

If anybody does know (plus I have no idea which page and what day the fanzine section is published - anyone furnish me with details) I'd love to be aware of it.

Jai
All At Sea

Was listening to Talk sport last night and RAy Houghton, and the other guy (Adrian Durham) both said Southend were obviously going to be going down.....

Good thing I say, lets surprise a few people..

Not sure if you read the whole thing on teletext, but they predicted that Yeovil would be safe in 21st!!

Also Swansea & Scunthorpe would be relegated as these so called "experts" are normally wrong i am not bothered.

Safe in 21st?!? Sometimes I wonder why these people bother writing thses things, they clearly don't really know what they're talking about.

Still, at least they're not tipping us for relegation!
tounge.gif

how can they say we will be safe just with eastwood and personaly i think prior is a donkey and barett should of definitly been mentioned

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 05 2005,14:20)]i think prior is a donkey
Whatever.

Without Spinner last season our defence wouldn't have been anwhere near as effective. To say that he's a donkey is ridiculous. Perhaps you've got him mixed up with Tony Adams somehow....
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 05 2005,14:20)]prior is a donkey
Wash your mouth out!

mad.gif

Spinner is an SUFC legend - he may be in the autumn of his playing years and not as influential as he once was, but his efforts in a blue shirt over the years ought to afford him a bit more respect than that....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ Aug. 05 2005,15:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (curly @ Aug. 05 2005,14:20)]prior is a donkey
Wash your mouth out!

mad.gif

Spinner is an SUFC legend - he may be in the autumn of his playing years and not as influential as he once was, but his efforts in a blue shirt over the years ought to afford him a bit more respect than that....
Donkey?? I actually thought he was the cement that held the whole thing together last year - a leader with a very cool head when it was needed. I'd have him here for as long as his legs can manage it personally....

Back