• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tell us about yourself - an open invite

Born on Canvey so no choice about who to support really. Out of the UK for the last 17 years so thank goodness for the internet (although the past 2 seasons were painful on a Saturday afternoon) Now in southern Germany and not another Blue in sight but I'm used to that. Quite proud that I can never be accused of being a glory supporter or a member of the prawn sandwich club

This is an open invite to our new posters who have joined since the re-launch of ShrimperZone. Why not post a few lines on here telling us a bit more about you as a Southend fan. You don't need to produce a work of art (that would be almost impossible on the Zone). Go on, give it a go.
Have always been a keen follower of Southend United, despite not having lived in the area for many years. Loved watching the Shrimpers at Roots Hall as a boy. Living now in Wellington, Somerset, and hope to get to an away game or two in the area this season.

I'm struggling to learn now to create a new thread from scratch. Could you guide me?

Welcome to the Zone Nick. If you haven't experienced the Blues away support, then you are in for a treat. A very vocal bunch from start to finish. Keep posting buddy.

I'm struggling to learn now to create a new thread from scratch. Could you guide me?
Easy once you've done it a few times but as with all things new, a bugger till you try!

I've attached a screenshot of one of the forums, ChitChat. If you click on it you will see above Southend United Ladies thread that there is a dialogue box with the words 'Thread title'. Click your curser on that and type the name of the thread you want to start. Once you've done that a further box appears where you can type whatever it is you want to post about. When you're done just hit the 'Post' button at the bottom and your thread will be live.

Screenshot (109).png

I'm new to any Southend supporters groups but growing up in Basildon, I've followed the club for over 30 years. Admittedly I have only started going back to Roots Hall since the beginning of this season, and before that many years before. I have fond memories of attending the Friday night matches from many years ago, watching the likes of Roy Mcdonald, David Crown, Andy Ansah, Stan Collymore and Peter Butler.

I returned because I wanted to add support to the current league standing and club situation.

The club is low as it can be, but I am a passionate person who can add value. I have a responsible professional full time job where I manage a large budget, run a succesful jujitsu class, still compete internationally in jujitsu, and have ran amateur football clubs previously gaining success. Also was VIP supervisor at the old Wembley Stadium so been around a while, following and appreciating football at all levels. I would love to contribute more for Southend United in some capacity, first and foremost as a fan.

Come on you seasiders!!

Last edited:
I'm new to any Southend supporters groups but growing up in Basildon, I've followed the club for over 30 years. Admittedly I have only started going back to Roots Hall since the beginning of this season, and before that many years before. I have fond memories of attending the Friday night matches from many years ago, watching the likes of Roy Mcdonald, David Crown, Andy Ansah, Stan Collymore and Peter Butler.

I returned because I wanted to add support to the current league standing and club situation.

The club is low as it can be, but I am a passionate person who can add value. I have a responsible professional full time job where I manage a budget in excess of 5 million, run a succesful jujitsu class, still compete internationally in jujitsu, and have ran amateur football clubs previously gaining success. Also was VIP supervisor at the old Wembley Stadium so been around a while, following and appreciating football at all levels. I would love to contribute more for Southend United in some capacity, first and foremost as a fan.

Come on you seasiders!!
Cracking post Phil, keep posting buddy.

So me and my Autistic 12 year old boy started following the blues this season, I guess you can call us the “New Blues”, it’s great spending quality time with my boy and we are really getting into it and being new to roots hall we are just there for the football and not the politics with Ron etc.

just got back from the Dover game, onwards and upwards.

Hi all......My name is Ian..I am NOT a Southend United fan but I am a huge football fan.
I love non league football (I used to follow Dagenham before they merged with Redbridge).

I know that when Southend came into The National League some must have thought "My God it is the end of the world" but how wrong that is.

In time things can change so much in football (I remember when Manchester City lived in the shadow of Man. Utd) and that wasn't long ago.

Chins up girls and guys!

For my sins I am also a fan of 1950's rock n roll, cinema and Coronation Street (yikes)

I really enjoy exchanging views on friendly football forums.
This is a great forum (I enjoy the vlogs too).

I do love a laugh too.......I mean that seriously lol

So me and my Autistic 12 year old boy started following the blues this season, I guess you can call us the “New Blues”, it’s great spending quality time with my boy and we are really getting into it and being new to roots hall we are just there for the football and not the politics with Ron etc.

just got back from the Dover game, onwards and upwards.
Welcome to you and your son. Where are you sitting in the palace we call Roots Hall?

New member, old fan of 45 years.
Brought up on the like of Colin Morris, Derrick Parker, Ronnie Pountney & the champions of 81.Miss the old Friday nights. Don't get along so much now although hope to start taking the grandkids soon.
Welcome. There are a few space cadets on here

I have been a fan for many many years , through thin and thin.

In the short time I have been a member I am amazed at the morons and idiots who are so anti everything, and allowed to continue posting.

I am disappointed that the Zone do not have system of tests to see if people are intelligent enough to partake in the debates without just antagonising members by their stupidity.

Difference of opinions is fine but I see the same posters negatively posting on many threads and it makes painful reading.

Now Mr Collymore has decided it is not worth the trouble I think the Zone will be going backwards.

I love the Custard Splatt shirt.

I have been a fan for many many years , through thin and thin.

In the short time I have been a member I am amazed at the morons and idiots who are so anti everything, and allowed to continue posting.

I am disappointed that the Zone do not have system of tests to see if people are intelligent enough to partake in the debates without just antagonising members by their stupidity.

Difference of opinions is fine but I see the same posters negatively posting on many threads and it makes painful reading.

Now Mr Collymore has decided it is not worth the trouble I think the Zone will be going backwards.

I love the Custard Splatt shirt.
Well let's hope you will bring some positivity on a regular basis. As for the Custard Splat, there is therapy available.

Well, I’ve been reading the forums for a bit now in order to stay on top of things, but on this red letter day (yes, an away win is cause for some celebration) I thought I’d introduce myself. I lived in Southend as a child in the 70’s and visited Roots Hall often, in the youth section right by where the team came out. 50p I think it was. Saw some memorable games, including that one against Liverpool (still have the programme!). Dragged kicking and screaming to Canada at the end of the decade and lost touch, mostly. The internet changed all that so I’ve been with you all through the ups and downs for a couple of decades (and have even made it to a few matches when in England). Glad to see the spirit, support, and gallows humour has survived the turbulence. I’m certainly feeling the same shaky optimism that carries me through each season, for which I’m occasionally rewarded.

Well, I’ve been reading the forums for a bit now in order to stay on top of things, but on this red letter day (yes, an away win is cause for some celebration) I thought I’d introduce myself. I lived in Southend as a child in the 70’s and visited Roots Hall often, in the youth section right by where the team came out. 50p I think it was. Saw some memorable games, including that one against Liverpool (still have the programme!). Dragged kicking and screaming to Canada at the end of the decade and lost touch, mostly. The internet changed all that so I’ve been with you all through the ups and downs for a couple of decades (and have even made it to a few matches when in England). Glad to see the spirit, support, and gallows humour has survived the turbulence. I’m certainly feeling the same shaky optimism that carries me through each season, for which I’m occasionally rewarded.
That's your first post out of the way, and now for many more my friend. You are part of a very big Southend family.

Back