• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Why do we have it shoved in our face every minute of the day on all media platforms. The news etc keep on pushing it as page one news everyday, or is it just mostly propaganda to keep the masses under control. The words always used about people who do not conform are separatist, radical, A loner, dissident, protester, rebel etc etc . Why just because they have a different opinion? I am against this promoting their evil crap 100%, stop giving it ****ing air time.

I must admit I am fed up to the back teeth of the three girls that ran away to Syria and Jihad John....If you want to stop a subject and give them no power, stop ****ing talking about it and giving it mainstream news. There is no-way in this world the threat of ISIS is as big as they are no doubt trying to make it..

To control the people you have to keep them in fear of something..It was once religion it is now terror.

Ps: GCHQ have now bookmarked this post :winking:

I think it's a bit more than propaganda to keep the masses under control - there's a lot of people for whom it's in their interest to talk it up particularly with an election coming up and cuts required - the police, the security services, the government, the army, defence contractors, the foreign office, arms manufacturers, foreign correspondents etc

But I struggle to keep up with whether it is Eurasia or Eastasia we're at war with.

I fondly remember the days when they use to read all our e-mails on the Shrimpers yahoo list as the legendary Bob Sills (one of my literary heroes) use to address us all as Comrades

Why do we have it shoved in our face every minute of the day on all media platforms. The news etc keep on pushing it as page one news everyday, or is it just mostly propaganda to keep the masses under control. The words always used about people who do not conform are separatist, radical, A loner, dissident, protester, rebel etc etc . Why just because they have a different opinion? I am against this promoting their evil crap 100%, stop giving it ****ing air time.

I must admit I am fed up to the back teeth of the three girls that ran away to Syria and Jihad John....If you want to stop a subject and give them no power, stop ****ing talking about it and giving it mainstream news. There is no-way in this world the threat of ISIS is as big as they are no doubt trying to make it..

To control the people you have to keep them in fear of something..It was once religion it is now terror.

I think it's a bit more than propaganda to keep the masses under control - there's a lot of people for whom it's in their interest to talk it up particularly with an election coming up and cuts required - the police, the security services, the government, the army, defence contractors, the foreign office, arms manufacturers, foreign correspondents etc

But I struggle to keep up with whether it is Eurasia or Eastasia we're at war with.

I must be tired, I read this at first as Jilted John going to war with Erasure!

As for the main topic, I have to confess to having some doubts over the reliability of the media these days. I'm not sure, though, as to whether it's a conspiracy to control the public, or just that with modern communications people are demanding more and more in formation (and when information isn't available, the media speculate so as to make it look like more news).

The idea that the media is feeding us with propaganda rather than pure news is also concerning, mainly because it's so believable. These are certainly 'interesting' times in which we live

You know, this is a great point. In the history of the human race I doubt that there has ever been less of what we would now call 'terrorism' than there is today.

I think we are in a vicious loop with Islamic terrorism whereby we fight it and we therefore cause it but it isn't the great evil that is going to kill us all.

You know, this is a great point. In the history of the human race I doubt that there has ever been less of what we would now call 'terrorism' than there is today.

I think we are in a vicious loop with Islamic terrorism whereby we fight it and we therefore cause it but it isn't the great evil that is going to kill us all.

The historical point is perfectly valid but the fact that we have almost real time media shouldn't be underestimated. Impartial reporting is very hard to come by though as is the graphic portrayal visually or in words of the barbarity that is being carried out in the name of religion or ethnicity. I'm convinced much like NORAID a large slice of funding that is heading ISIS way at the moment would be stopped by educating people on just what their money is being spent on.

If the Crusades had been now then we'd be the ones in the world's firing line. We shouldn't forget the fact that we are not squeaky clean.

Lets be honest we don't need to go back anywhere near as far as the Crusades to find examples of pretty shocking behaviour committed in the name of the King/Queen.

IwCXBXY.jpg

Back