• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My youngest is a big 12 years old and at a random time this week at school there will be a terrorist drill where the powers that be will play gunshots over the pa and pretend the school is under attack from good old ally ackbar and his mates.
In my day we had fire drills and flood drills(canvey) but this is something new on me,i want to train my boy to kick the pretend terrorist in the nads and save the school but all joking aside i feel this is good on one hand but shocking and sad on the other.
Thoughts?

Sad reflection of our times mate, but how can you reflect the terror that a real incident could bring? I had a fire drill yesterday and people just couldn't be arsed to leave their desks and had to be pried away.

Really sad that it's come to this, have heard of children in nurseries being drilled in how to behave in the case of such an attack.

Reminds me of being shown one of those nuclear holocaust films at primary school in the 1980s (Threads I think?) - it doesn't prepare you for anything at that age, just scares the living **** out of you.

Reminds me of being shown one of those nuclear holocaust films at primary school in the 1980s (Threads I think?) - it doesn't prepare you for anything at that age, just scares the living **** out of you.

Threads was a particuarly bleak TV drama - I'd be amazed if it was shown in schools, though it was shown in 84, and I remember it so maybe.

Prepares you to be subservient to government

[/conspiracy]

I remember those sort of 'BBC public information' films in the 70's. I rather enjoyed building a nuclear blast prove shelter under my mums stairs, with a blanket and some sellotape

It taught us to dislike the Russians and anything to do with communism from a very early age. In the same way our children must be taught to view Islam. That way none of us will feel guilty when we spend £billions bombing children's hospitals as long as its in one of those dreadful places in the ME. Who cares if our children can't point to the latest target on a map, after all none of us can.

Back