• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Terry and Lampard at Full Time

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
At full time some of the Chelsea players applauded our fans which I thought was a nice touch.

As John Terry was near the tunnel applauding he turned back to Lampard and pointed to the fans almost telling him to applaud us.

Lampard looked at us and turned his nose up before begrudgingly applauding a little bit.

Theres a kid in a wheelchair who sits down the front of the East Yellows and I think Di Santo gave him his shirt.

Fair play - never been a fan of Terry but thats good to hear! Not suprised Lampard wasn't keen to applaud us if he heard some of the terrible chants from the back of the West but good on them...

Last edited:
Fair play - never been a fan of Terry but thats good to hear! Not suprised Lampard wasn't keen to applaud us if he heard some of the terrible chants from the back of the West but good on them...

Indeed. Lampard was a true gentleman after the first match. A number of players mentioned as much, so I won't hold it against him if he chose not to applaud people that had been abusing him for 90 minutes.

At full time some of the Chelsea players applauded our fans which I thought was a nice touch.

As John Terry was near the tunnel applauding he turned back to Lampard and pointed to the fans almost telling him to applaud us.

This is obviously a 'come and get me' plea from Terry to Steve Tilson.

Last edited:

Lampard looked at us and turned his nose up before begrudgingly applauding a little bit.

Theres a kid in a wheelchair who sits down the front of the East Yellows and I think Di Santo gave him his shirt.

Correct he did.

QUOTE]

This is obviously a 'come and get me' plea from Terry to Steve Tilson.

Paul Terry was there last night. Perhaps it was a come and get my brother plea? ;)

Gives a much better impression at least than ****ing Man Ure. Chelsea may have their detractors for all the stuff that's gone on, but at least Ferguson's not their manager.

Gives a much better impression at least than ****ing Man Ure. Chelsea may have their detractors for all the stuff that's gone on, but at least Ferguson's not their manager.

Except Ferguson was very magnanimous after the match, by saying that the headlines would all be about how Man U lost, and not that Southend won, which was a shame. He also said that Fredy's goal deserved to win the match.

Things aren't quite as black and white as we would all like.

Last edited:

That's nice to hear, especially a young foreigner new to the English game doing that.

I would be very surprised if Lampard did anything other than act impeccably. After all, he is the 'son of a shrimper' - sorry Firestone for pinching your line

The game was very clean, i guess the chelsea players were grateful we didnt kick them up in the air - more friends gained!!!

Except Ferguson was very magnanimous after the match, by saying that the headlines would all be about how Man U lost, and not that Southend won, which was a shame. He also said that Fredy's goal deserved to win the match.

Things are quite as black and white as we would all like.

He also wished us luck getting a new ground, which was a nice touch

To be fair I've got nothing against the Chelsea players after how they've handled themselves in these two games. They seem like top lads really.

Belletti also applauded the fans in the East, even though we were giving him right stick when he came on as no-one would pass to him. All in good humour and he took it well.

I have to say, when you look at the game objectively it was Southend United V Rest of the World XI so 2-1 after 130-odd minutes is amazing and to only lose 5-2 on aggregate is even more amazing. Good on Scolari for putting out a proper team and giving us the respect we so richly deserve.

Belletti also applauded the fans in the East, even though we were giving him right stick when he came on as no-one would pass to him. All in good humour and he took it well.

I have to say, when you look at the game objectively it was Southend United V Rest of the World XI so 2-1 after 130-odd minutes is amazing and to only lose 5-2 on aggregate is even more amazing. Good on Scolari for putting out a proper team and giving us the respect we so richly deserve.

I think we earned that respect from the 1st match

Back