• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Ex Chelsea, Southend and Orient midfielder Terry Bradbury has just scooped 5.5million on the lottery at the age of 75. Wonder if he might like to make a donation to his old employers. Good luck to him.

would be nice WickfordShrimper wouldn't it, considering his age surely he doesn't need all that cash :)

Well if I were lucky enough to win that sort of money, my employers of nearly 50 years ago wouldn't be at the top of my priorities !

Saw him play probably the best part of 100 times; never knew his middle name was Eugene.

Ex Chelsea, Southend and Orient midfielder Terry Bradbury has just scooped 5.5million on the lottery at the age of 75. Wonder if he might like to make a donation to his old employers. Good luck to him.

Better described as a wing-half,certainly he was more a defender than midfielder.He wore the number 6 shirt except after Peter Watson's sad injury,when he was no. 5 for spells that totalled 16 of his 160 league starts.He took excellent penalties.

Better described as a wing-half,certainly he was more a defender than midfielder.He wore the number 6 shirt except after Peter Watson's sad injury,when he was no. 5 for spells that totalled 16 of his 160 league starts.He took excellent penalties.

Did he not have a long throw in the days before long throws were fashionable ..... or am I mixing him up with someone else in that respect ?

The sun is shining on all connected with Southend, good luck to Terry Bradbury who used to earn about £25 a week at his peak, with £4 win bonus and £2 for a draw. I was on £3 a week as a youngster, happy happy days:smile:

Did he not have a long throw in the days before long throws were fashionable ..... or am I mixing him up with someone else in that respect ?

Yes he did.
No you're not.
1st to do so in our 2nd spell at Roots Hall. Was the next Otulakowski ?

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the wing half thing. If I'm honest, I heard about his good luck on the radio this morning while half asleep in a crossrail holding bay. I was probably in nappies or at best, short trousers when Bradbury was playing.

A Southend regular in my early days alongside the likes of Peter Watson and Tony Bentley etc.

As said above I seem to remember a tough tackling player and cant remember missing any penalties, but then again that was a long time back.

Very pleased for him and no doubt a congratulatory phone call from Ron awaits.

Well done to him and all the best. Oh and by the way we need a couple of strikers Tel so if you're feeling generous... ��

Does anyone remember the fateful back pass he did at Rotherham Millmoor in the FA cup in Jan/Feb 1966.We were 2.1 up
It got stuck in the mud and their forward collected it an shot passed our Keeper Trevor Roberts I think.
They went on to win 3.2

Does anyone remember the fateful back pass he did at Rotherham Millmoor in the FA cup in Jan/Feb 1966.We were 2.1 up
It got stuck in the mud and their forward collected it an shot passed our Keeper Trevor Roberts I think.
They went on to win 3.2

If that was the game in the fog, most wouldn't have seen it, let alone remembered it !

Yes there was a risk of the game being called off due to fog but the pitch was terrible .
Remember arriving at the ground in a yellowy haze fog and industrial pollution

Back