• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tesco doing Vat back!!!!

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
On the way home from work tonight I popped in to Tesco and picked up my weekends supply of Strongbow, CD's and a Fajita kit for tonight and noticed that the amount was wrong, I questioned it and told the lovely little check out girl that she had undercharged me........

She went on to explain that Tesco are doing a VAT back thing, not a reduction to 15% from17.5% but full VAT back on any non food products. Not sure if this is country wide or indeed only just for today but if I had known I would have spent more.

PS - Great deal at the moment on Strongbow....2 x 15 can case for £12 so I brought 4 cased. 60 cans of bow for £24 is some deal, trouble is they are limiting people to 4 cases only.

Last edited:
I've currently got half of Bulmers UK stock in my house it seems. Thank you very much Mr Tesco. :)

Sainsburys are much the same. I was in there today and was told that although the pricing has not yet been reflected on the ticket infront of each item, the tills have been adjusted. So you will get your 2.5% on top of the price shown. Bonus.

In other news, I also found out that wolworths were their suppliers for music and films, which may suggest that either they will buy them out or that they will have bugger all stock for christmas!

In other news, I also found out that wolworths were their suppliers for music and films, which may suggest that either they will buy them out or that they will have bugger all stock for christmas!

The profitable part of Woolworths were there supplier (Entertainment UK), and they will be trading again as of monday

To be accurate - you won't get 2.5% reduction, it's more 2.2% as it only applies to the VAT portion of the total price e.g.

1175/1150= 1.022

So for every £1 on the 'old' price, you'd pay the equivalent of 97.8p.

To be accurate - you won't get 2.5% reduction, it's more 2.2% as it only applies to the VAT portion of the total price e.g.

1175/1150= 1.022

So for every £1 on the 'old' price, you'd pay the equivalent of 97.8p.

It was no VAT what so ever

Back