• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
According to the front of Southend's Echo (as shown on FB), plans for a new Tesco in Southend are now not going ahead. Wonder if that might affect Sainsbury's need to get their store built? In all seriousness, I don't think it will, I firmly believe they are in too deep now to pull the plug, but it shows that nothing is certain. Personally, I think it's a mistake by the Council, that site would have been perfect for a supermarket.

Mods - if you think this is better in the Fossetts Forum, please feel free to move it. I only put it here cos more people see Chit-Chat.

I think the B&Q site is an awful location for a supermarket. Getting in and out of that area is a total nightmare at the best of times, will be even worse with a 1,000 shoppers in there. I hate it when I miss a posted apackage as it gets taken to the post office there and its always hassle getting round there (when in contrast if it gets taken to the post office at Waitrose I can get there in half the time)

Cant see it affecting Sainsbury, they still lack a flagship store in Southend. With the Tesco and Waitrose stores nearby Sainsbury really are lagging behind already.

Tesco really need a store out of town, in the main stand of a football stadium, what a nice slap in the face that would be for Sainsbury !

Far to much money has been spent by Sainsbury's and far to much for them to gain at the Roots Hall site for them to pull out and move elsewhere now. If anything it's a good omen for Sainsbury's. Far less competition in the immediate area and even more reason to go full steam ahead with the Roots Hall redevelopment.

This has more to do with their mystery in launching their fresh and easy stores in America that failed to the tune of £1bn than anything else!!

Started a thread on this earlier and it got moved to the Fossetts forum! :whistling:

Back