• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tesfaye Bramble

Personally I think Tes has had enough chances to prove himself to be able to perform consistently, he just doesnt cut it enough for me!

Hopefully he will prove me wrong over the remainder of the season.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 01 2005,22:27)]WHAT A TOTAL JOKE IF PEOPLE THINK BROUGHTON IS SOME SORT OF GOD HOW THE HELL CAN THEY THINK BRAMBLE IS BAD!!
why has broughton even entered this topic. broughton is not a god. he has god like effort though
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 01 2005,22:27)]WHAT A TOTAL JOKE IF PEOPLE THINK BROUGHTON IS SOME SORT OF GOD HOW THE HELL CAN THEY THINK BRAMBLE IS BAD!!
why has broughton even entered this topic. broughton is not a god. he has god like effort though  
blues.gif
Exactly! Both have similar success (or lack of) but at least Drewe shows effort in every game, however unsuccessfully. Of the two I think Drewe offers more. (Await the deluge.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seenyeva kryevyetka @ Jan. 01 2005,23:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Jan. 01 2005,22:56)]Tes did a heck of a lot of work today. Yep he missed a sitter as well but his all round contribution to today's result was more than adequate.
Sounds a bit like Drewe and he gets flak. And I believe Tes missed two sitters today.
I think Tes gave the type of performance today that we were looking to get from Drewe in terms of providing the link between defence/midfield and attack.

The reason Tes was effective is because Tes has an extra dimension to his game: mobility. Tes offers options as a channel runnner as well as the ball played into his feet/body, or to flick on. This makes him (and the team) far less predictable.

Tes is also far more adept at manouvering his marker and holding the ball up giving teammates time to support the isolated forwards, meaning he is in a better position to lay the ball off and his teammates are in better positions to receive the ball.

Tes won virtually every header today (although I don't think a single one went to a Southend player!) and draws a lot of free-kicks from oponents.

a lot of mis timed jumps meaning he didnt get a chance with every header.

i know where you are coming from and understand how this is improtant but i don't think tes does what you say he does. his distribution is dross. yes the link is there. but everyone does it
rock.gif

Tes got all the attributes needed of a forward-pace, physical strength,menacing etc etc but does not look interested-can't make out why-answers?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Jan. 01 2005,23:43)]Tes got all the attributes needed of a forward-pace, physical strength,menacing etc etc but does not look interested-can't make out why-answers?
One of life's unanswered mystery's!

goal bonus isn't big enough for him to worry. takes the money and is happy
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:21)]1. Yes it is a massive attribute and in Maher we have that. He is a class act. I am a Maher fan. Bramble's simple football comes in the form of a sideways pass 2 yards not through a defence.

2. As i said I felt he played okay today but why have someone who doesn't offer 100%. I am thinking more than just this game.

3. No I never become involved with the Freddy Eastwood debate and I was happily cheering for him today.
I think this is actually one of the more interesting threads we've had on this board and that there is an interesting comparison to be made between Bramble and Maher, both of whom I feel had the ability to have made a career at a higher level, but have been held back by the mental side.

I agree Maher's ability to make the game look simple is his biggest attribute (although surely this is usually in the form of a sideways pass 2 yards?), which is why I was somewhat surprised to see a Maher fan criticise a player for playing simple football.

Ability - whether Maher or Bramble must be combined with the necessary work-rate and commitment. I think both Maher and Bramble spend too much time on their heels or strolling around and I have previously questioned their desire. I had no such complaints today, but they need to do so over a whole season. Personally I don't think either has really ever done so consistently over a whole season, and I therefore wouldn't look to build my team around either until they'd demonstrated that they were willing to run through brick walls.

I wouldn't choose Maher as my midfield lynchpin because I believe he is too happy to settle for second best - compare him to the slightly less talented Mark Bentley, Bentley has the desire to drive forward and win 40:60 balls. Maher doesn't do that which I'd consider a must for the middle of the park - and as you say why have someone who doesn't offer 100%. I'd rather Bentley than Maher be the role model for the rest of the squad and would accordingly build my midfield around Bentley not Maher.

I believe Maher's best football has been when his position has been underthreat. To get the best out of him I would ensure that he was no longer an automatic selectiom, dropping him every so often to keep him on his toes.
Bramble's best football has come when he has been settled - I thought he was outstanding for a month or two a couple of years ago (it was around the time of the Chesterfield FA Cup game) just after he'd signed a new contract and he'd established himself as our no. 1 striker. Since then he has displayed that in patches but his form has been disrupted by injuries, managerial changes, being shunted out on the wing, police dogs and pretty much anything you can think of. He's stretched my patience, but like Maher, handled correctly I still think there is a valuable asset.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,22:37)]What a waste of space.

Today should his shot have gone in and not into the south lower, that would have been the only thing he did all game. he runs at defenders and then just stops and doesn't take them on. he finds himself flat footed and lacks creativity. he has lost his touch and looks out of place at this level. The guy appears lazy and doesn't seem to care too much. He was in Chameleon last night too, good match preparation, I mean fair play if he plays bad but trains as hard as you like but he hardly gives off the best impressions. The missed header today. He doesn't have the ability that he possessed 3 years ago.

We don't need him...
blues.gif
Are you taking the ****? Or just looking for a reaction!?
rock.gif
wow.gif

Andy, dont give him the satisfaction. Just walk away from the keyboard. I had to, otherwise i would have done a Matt Walker-esque ranting ...

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ Jan. 01 2005,23:21)]1. Yes it is a massive attribute and in Maher we have that. He is a class act. I am a Maher fan. Bramble's simple football comes in the form of a sideways pass 2 yards not through a defence.
What about the superb through-balls from Tes for Wayne Gray's goal v. Boston and for Duds strike at Northampton?

Back