• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tesfaye Bramble

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Jan. 01 2005,23:43)]Tes got all the attributes needed of a forward-pace, physical strength,menacing etc etc but does not look interested-can't make out why-answers?
Yes but when Bramble plays his style is such that he looks dis-interested and thats just the way it is - Matt Le Tissier looked lazy but would you say he didn't put in the effort?

That's Tes's second game this season when he's missed sitters this season. He's fourth choice and IF we go up will not come up with us, in my opinion.

Or loan him to Canvey for a few months to get his attitude right.

Personally I though Tes had a very good game against Rushden. OK he should have scored when he hit the post, but he was in two minds because at first he thought he was offside, and thats what happens sometimes when you haven't scored for a while.

In my opinion one of this Division's most talented players and I reckon almost any other side would be ecstatic to have Tes in their side.

opinion is obviously divided. i would prefer you to rant KEV and Andy_S and others. as discussed before this is a message board open for opinion. unfortunately a lot of people have not played football before and so i de-value their opinion but i don't know who has and hasn't.

i am sure he would be good in another team. ok so he puts a couple of through balls in. by no means do i hate tesfaye, he has his moments and is capable of being class but why settle for someone when you just don't know how often the class is going to shine through. he needs to start getting some passion involved in his game and make it come across.

ok HKB you feel that it is interesting that I like maher and he passes 2 yards sideways. that he does, he leads by example, he gets over the pitch and creates a lot of space. he likes to sit in there and become the available option e.g. michael carrick. he is useful going forward as we have seen, yesterday
smile.gif
tes does not focus on forward play enough. ok so he can hold a ball up and win a header but if he could start to adapt his game then he would be very tasty but unfortunately for 2 seasons and this season now he hasn't been at his best. to be honest if money isn't an issue then fine keep him in the team if his attitude is right on the training field, dressing room and the pitch. if not, then out with him.

I think some people are being a bit harsh on him here. He was poor against Mansfield and Orient but that was because he was being played out of position. Yesterday he showed why his preferred position is up front.

In my opinion he was man of the match. People accuse him of being lazy but I thought he worked very hard yesterday and he really put himself about. He was a handful for the Rushden defence, hence they were constantly pushing him and grabbing his shirt. He looked dangerous when he was on the ball and he nearly scored in the second half with a cracking shot. He held the ball up well with his awesome strength, although as southend4ever said he does need to be a bit more positive sometimes. He undoubtedly has talent though and he proved that yesterday. I think we should definitely keep him for at least the rest of the season. He needs to show a bit more passion yes, but that's just the way he is some players are like that. I think he does care about the team, he's been here for 4 or 5 years now, he just needs to show it.

And he did score against Col U this season and last season
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 02 2005,15:31)]He's fourth choice and IF we go up will not come up with us, in my opinion.
Your opinion is also that the sun shines out of Broughton's arse though who would be our 5th choice forward.
biggrin.gif

On a serious note any idea of the wages comparison between the two ? I think I'm right in saying Broughton wouldn't take a drop in wages to join R+D suggesting he must be on a healthy wedge.

I'm not so sure putting him out on loan would help. Tes badly needs a goal (a fluke would do) but he is also contributing much to the team.

I'd be very interested to see how Tes gets on alongside Gray. Last time they played up front together (the infamous Tes the Cat match) they looked to have quite an understanding.

Can I just add that in an interview in the Echo a few weeks back, Tilly said if he was without Eastwood or Gray then he would be gutted not to have Tes.

Surely this makes Tes 3rd choice striker and not 4th?!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Jan. 02 2005,23:31)]Tes has undoubtly got the ability but infuriates many Shrimpers by not fulfilling his obvious potential.
Surely sealion sums up what many supporters feel about Tes?.
He has been at the club for several years but has failed to nail down a permanent place in the team due to his inconsistency.
His contract is up in the summer and surely will not be renewed - time to spend the money on someone who will be interested in every game he plays, not only in those where he gets picked in his preferred position, as seems to be the case with Tes(Orient and Mansfield are two recent games that come to mind).

He was doing pretty well this year before Eastwood came along!

I like having Tes in the squad to use in much the same way Arsenal used Kanu. You can't expect him to play well every week but he's got the ability to play better than any forwards at the club(oh dear, am I just re-stoking this fire?!).

As testament to how well he played at Northampton, I was sat in the home stand and they were raving about his performance, rating him as good as Dudfield (a player for whom Cobblers fans applauded for both the goal and when he was subbed). This was getting towards vintage Tes. A constant thorn in defenders sides, running at players and finding Southend players with almost every pass.

Still, maybe he's not our no.9 or no.10 but I really hope we keep him.

The debate about Bramble has been going on for god knows how long and its always the same 'on his day can be the best player out there' however how often does Tes have a 'good day' though ?

He may have potential, however not nearly as much as some would make out, but he has shown with alot of consistancy that he just can't cut it. He makes far too many mistakes and you can't relay on him and he isn't exactly a goalscorer now is he.

Bramble has had plenty of starts to show us what a good player he is and hasn't been able too on a consistant basis.

I do believe his a good squad player and im sure most of you do, but without doubt below Eastwood, Gray, Dudders etc.

I wouldn't shead any tears if he left.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Jan. 03 2005,11:41)]As testament to how well he played  at Northampton, I was sat in the home stand and they were raving about his performance, rating him as good as Dudfield (a player for whom Cobblers fans applauded for both the goal and when he was subbed).  This was getting towards vintage Tes.  A constant thorn in defenders sides, running at players and finding Southend players with almost every pass.
Last game of last season I got a train back towards London after the game with a load of Torquay fans. Even though they'd just got promoted all they could do was talk about was Tes Bramble and how they wished they had a player like him.

I feel sorry for Bramble in that whatever he does he gets slated by our 'fans'. People call him lazy and disinterested yet whenever I've seen him play in the past couple of years his workrate has never seemed noticably lower than that of the majority of our players (the likes of Barrett and Gray aside), and were he genuinely not trying then theres no way that one of the four managers he has played under in his time at Roots Hall wouldn't have booted him out. Instead he is a permanant fixture in the squad and is offered contract after contract which suggests that people who actually know a thing or two about the game rate him.

I fully expect Tes Bramble to be here next season whatever division we are playing in, but if he isn't then I don't doubt for a second he'll be snapped up by another league club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Jan. 03 2005,23:39)]I fully expect Tes Bramble to be here next season whatever division we are playing in, but if he isn't then I don't doubt for a second he'll be snapped up by another league club.
And score a bunch against us no doubt.

Going with the Torquay point though, last time I left Roots Hall with a Torquay fan, he was bemoaning Mark Rawle's prodigious talent!

I would really love to see Tes tormenting defences week in week out but the fact of the matterf is that he appears to only 'put it in' when he feels like it.( Now that may not be the facts but it's certainly how it appears) & will be a big loss if he does leave but it's high time Tes nailed his colours to the mast & really showed his mettle.
This post may sound contradictory but only because I would like to see Tes do the business consistantly & I am still waiting.
The best forward in this division if..................................?
rock.gif
?.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 04 2005,11:16)]Just out of interest, how many goals has Wayne Gray scored, and how many of those have been from the spot.
7 i think..... 4from the spot???

Back