• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Texting service

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
I have promised to take my kids up to London tomorrow so won't be able to travel to Yeovil or take up my regular listening to BBC Essex.

I need to know the news of how the boys are getting on at Huish Park, is anyone on here signed up to any of the text messaging services - how accurate are they? How expensive do they work out?

I was thinking of using the club's one, but does anyone know of a better/cheaper one?

I'm on Vodafone btw

Cheers

There should be a football texting service on each phone network. When I used to be on T-Mobile, I was able to access football scores, but it cost 20p a text.

Look on the media part of the phone and it should tell you there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Nov. 19 2004,10:02)]is anyone on here signed up to any of the text messaging services - how accurate are they? How expensive do they work out?

I was thinking of using the club's one, but does anyone know of a better/cheaper one?
No, don't know, don't know.

No.

Glad to help.
smile.gif

Arent you on Vodafone, Steeeve? Surely you msut know something?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Nov. 19 2004,10:11)]Arent you on Vodafone, Steeeve? Surely you msut know something?
I know nothing.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I use vodafone live to get the footie results.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ Nov. 19 2004,10:02)]I have promised to take my kids up to London tomorrow so won't be able to travel to Yeovil or take up my regular listening to BBC Essex.

I need to know the news of how the boys are getting on at Huish Park, is anyone on here signed up to any of the text messaging services - how accurate are they? How expensive do they work out?

I'm on Vodafone btw

Cheers
I'm subscribed & the service (as Blues World) is not exaclty the most reliable. It used to be £5.99 a month but now it seems that there's no subscription just a cost of 22p + VAT for each text they send you. On match days, you get :-

Our team
Their team
All goal alerts (99% of the time)
HT & FT scores
Managers Comments (if any)

I wouldn't say it's worth it & now I have a reliable WAP enabled phone I'm just going to use that. I know some good WAP sites for latest scores if you're interested.

Back