• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I bet the Mods all breathe a sigh of relief after a weekend!

There always seems to be a plethora of arguments, provocative posts, insults and subsequent banning orders, which seem to be all the time now whether we win or lose (more when we lose, obviously).

It does all get a bit tiresome... you're reading a thread which actually gets quite interesting, then one of the usual suspects pitches up and you think "Here we go again..."

So, guys and gals, now that Brown isn't going to Bolton and we have a big game on Saturday, I wonder what this coming week will bring for us to go into meltdown about?

Winning and losing has a lot to do with it. After the game at end of the 4 game winning streak it was all mainly positive, and a happy forum, Brown in. Now it is mainly negative, with lots of arguments about this and that and Brown out.

Ok , i ll start off with my rant about how the hell Myles Weston starts every game despite being more anonymous than Lord Lucan ..... He may well have potentially a turn of speed , but my granny showed good stealth running for a bus once , but i wouldnt stick her up front each game knowing full well she wont win any headers, make any runs off the ball , wont tackle back , wont show any passion whatsoever for her club , wont cause any defender any kind of trouble ,and cant shoot straight .

The only ability Weston has is to hide from receiving the ball whether he's hiding on the left wing , the right wing or in the middle. I very rarely pick out players to slag off but i'm just fed up that we have several other decent strikers gagging for a game + yet Weston gets the nod week in week out despite continual 3/10 performances.

Put him on the bench + come on as a late sub on the left wing if we are losing , but please please please dont start him as a striker ... ever again.

We lose to a team we have never beaten and then lose to a team we haven't beaten at their ground in the previous 12 attempts.

We should be top of the league with 38 points (extra 2 awarded by the league for playing 'exciting attacking football') along with a goal difference that makes Barcelona look like San Marino. BROWN OUT!

Ok , i ll start off with my rant about how the hell Myles Weston starts every game despite being more anonymous than Lord Lucan ..... He may well have potentially a turn of speed , but my granny showed good stealth running for a bus once , but i wouldnt stick her up front each game knowing full well she wont win any headers, make any runs off the ball , wont tackle back , wont show any passion whatsoever for her club , wont cause any defender any kind of trouble ,and cant shoot straight .

The only ability Weston has is to hide from receiving the ball whether he's hiding on the left wing , the right wing or in the middle. I very rarely pick out players to slag off but i'm just fed up that we have several other decent strikers gagging for a game + yet Weston gets the nod week in week out despite continual 3/10 performances.

Put him on the bench + come on as a late sub on the left wing if we are losing , but please please please dont start him as a striker ... ever again.

He keeps playing Weston because of his pace. PB has realized that pace is crucial up front, especially away from home. Trouble is that Weston needs 30 shots to score a goal. Coulthirst is not much better, but slightly more deadly. He needs to bring someone in to teach these guys to be more clinical in finishing, or he needs to look for another Assombalonga to bring in on loan.

There always seems to be a plethora of arguments, provocative posts, insults and subsequent banning orders, which seem to be all the time now whether we win or lose (more when we lose, obviously).

It does all get a bit tiresome... you're reading a thread which actually gets quite interesting, then one of the usual suspects pitches up and you think "Here we go again..."

So, guys and gals, now that Brown isn't going to Bolton and we have a big game on Saturday, I wonder what this coming week will bring for us to go into meltdown about?

Ok , i ll start off with my rant about how the hell...

I'm not sure FBM's post was actually an invitation for further ranting...

There are certainly some posters who do let off steam after a loss. However, there's a big difference between letting off steam after a game and going all out to just cause friction on the site. All we really ask is for people to keep a bit of perspective and not go out of their way to get a reaction off other posters. Sadly, in an attempt to let the board moderate itself, we've allowed a few trolls to set up camp over time and we're hearing from so many people about a worsening Zone experience. We don't want to let that happen so there will come a time when those usual suspects are going to find their wings being clipped, either partially or entirely.

I've found Shrimperzone much better since I added mrsblue to the ignore list. Never tried it before but would highly recommend it. Also proves that one poster can ruin it for a lot of reasonable people.

If we had managed 4 points from our last 2, we would all be saying that promotion is a certainty and maybe champions. I know we didn't but we won't win all our games. That is being positive, and we missed loads of chances against Morecambe, however at Luton we were dreadful. Luton had a tough midweek cup game against Crawley, whereas we had a week of getting ready for a game that could have cemented our place in top 3. Luton under an experienced manager closed us down everywhere and posed problems with their pace. Luton looked an average side but always too good for us. Payne injected some pace and skill allied to graft and we did improve.
I just hope that we can return to winning ways but injuries making us weak at the back will knock confidence and upcoming games need a strong determined will to win which this team seems to lack.

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on your Gran and I'm sure with some coaching and encouragement , she could improve on many of the areas you've highlighted.
At least put her on the bench ?

One of the many frustrations from Saturdays trip to Luton for me was that we put no pressure on the lump of lard in the centre of their defences in the fist half, I know people will say he is an experienced pro footballer blah,blah....but he was over weight and in the second half puffing like thomas the tank engine once we started to run at them, however we changed tactics again and then we decided the best way to try and score was to just shot for the sake of it. this ended up with a free for all shooting at the roof and supporters in the stand...........yet we practise this for 10 minutes before the start of the game.......

One of the many frustrations from Saturdays trip to Luton for me was that we put no pressure on the lump of lard in the centre of their defences in the fist half, I know people will say he is an experienced pro footballer blah,blah....but he was over weight and in the second half puffing like thomas the tank engine once we started to run at them, however we changed tactics again and then we decided the best way to try and score was to just shot for the sake of it. this ended up with a free for all shooting at the roof and supporters in the stand...........yet we practise this for 10 minutes before the start of the game.......

And the majority of the shots in practice end up...yep, the roof or the supporters in the stand.

Their defender was fat, slow, unfit and old.. and guess what ... He beat Barry Corr to the ball everytime, either in the air or on the deck! :'(

Their defender was fat, slow, unfit and old.. and guess what ... He beat Barry Corr to the ball everytime, either in the air or on the deck! :'(

That's not true. Corr won several aerial challenges second half (I was in the main stand, most were right in front of me).Corr won more headers than he lost so why would you say he beat Corr to it every time?? Our problem was as ever, no one took a gamble and anticipated the flick on.

I was looking more at when he was asked to mark Payne which didn't last too long as he had a chat with the other Centre half and they swapped over, have to agree that he did beat Corr to most of the stuff in the air which lead to Corr going back to his usual ways of pushing and tugging on the oppenents shirt and then looking so crestfallen when his caught out by the Ref

I think you're being unnecessarily harsh on your Gran and I'm sure with some coaching and encouragement , she could improve on many of the areas you've highlighted.
At least put her on the bench ?
I also reckon your gran has got a better chance of getting on the bench than any of our young strikers...obviously age matters...sign her up

A nice moment from Saturday was during the afore mentioned barrage of wayward shooting by our """"strikers"""" , one particular shot crashed against the roof above us then smashed down onto one of our fans ( who looked like Jack Whitehall ) , who stood up and casually caught the ball as though he was Bentley,Shilton,Clemence + Schmeichal rolled into one..... It was such a brilliant save , then he dispatched his throw straight to the watching Luton keeper Tyler , who was already clapping in amazement at this piece of skill from a SUFC fan.

Sadly Jack Whitehall's credibility went from hero to zero 5 minutes later as the next pathetic off target shot went straight to him and he dropped it.

How quickly the mighty fall.

"Their defender was fat, slow, unfit and old.. and guess what ... He beat Barry Corr to the ball everytime, either in the air or on the deck! "

This says to me - the quality of the balls to Barry was at fault.

They were trying him out to see if he was the real Luton keeper, do they class them as shots on target as they hit the crowd as the goalie had moved in the stand for a cup of tea and Balti Pie , what a shame.....hero to zero sounds like a lot of our players the last couple of games :winking:

I've found Shrimperzone much better since I added mrsblue to the ignore list. Never tried it before but would highly recommend it. Also proves that one poster can ruin it for a lot of reasonable people.

Yeah me too - since I ignored some of the headbangers on here found SZ much better :thumbsup:

Back