• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank you Phil Brown for giving it a go

I’d imagine he’ll stay. I’m sure both him and Ron will have been well aware that the job he had with 6 games left was very difficult and unlikely to end in us staying in L2. So surely these 6 games were with a view to stay on in the NL next season?

I have to say that I supported MM for most of his time here on the basis we didn't have many attacking players and he made us hard to defeat. However PB has shown his experience and got us to score some goals. Gutted it didn't happen 6 games before as I think we would have stayed up.

Liked PB in his first spell and his exit was the beginning of where we are now - really hope he stays next season.

Once again some of the supporters go down the path P Brown is not the person to improve the problems within the club.

Once again some of the supporters go down the path P Brown is not the person to improve the problems within the club.

We have an experienced manager who knows the club and knows the players to a degree now. I am not clear what a better option than that would look like in non-league.

No football manager is the person to improve the problems within the club. The improvements need to be made above. But PB has done a good enough job in difficult circumstances to deserve a crack next season. Besides, if not PB who else are we going to go for?

Yes well thank you for all your hard work Phil and I also hope you will be here for the start of next season. You gave me and my Shrimper family some great years following the team home and away.
With your experience and some promising young players (half the team is already there if they are prepared to stay........) Let's do this, next season COYB

No football manager is the person to improve the problems within the club. The improvements need to be made above. But PB has done a good enough job in difficult circumstances to deserve a crack next season. Besides, if not PB who else are we going to go for?
You are correct we need to search the unemployable to find another manager and P Brown fits that category

So true, our problems are far far deeper than any manager.

That's what RM keeps telling us and honestly believes ?‍♂️ do people really believe every manager since PB's 1st tenure have put us in this devastating situation?

I’m very conflicted on Phil.

His first spell? Some of my best memories as a Shrimper. Built a superb team of players outperforming their abilities as a unit, all we could ever dream of. But the end of that spell was arguably the start of the spiral that sent us to where we are now. The contracts he gave out alongside Ron, breaking the dressing room with Ranger, etc. all while publicly courting any job going make it hard to look back on his spell as well as I’d like to.

Now? He’s made an impact, improved us all over the park and if he’d been here a month earlier, I think we’d have a chance of staying up.

Next season? Focusing purely on next season alone, I can’t imagine we’d find a better candidate.

Long-term? Is he the man to be here for 4/5 years and to rebuild? He clearly loves the club, is happy in the area, etc. but the last thing we need is for him to leave us in the lurch because another offer comes in. I’d trust him to give us a good crack of the whip next season and try to get things going, but this is a long-term project to reset the squad and start from scratch and he’d need to commit accordingly.

I can't explain my reasons ( not even to myself ) , but I was a PB fan the first time around and things haven't been stable since he left , but I just don't feel it this time for some reason.
Like he's 'yesterdays man' or something.
Anyway , just how I feel and no rationale behind it

I’m very conflicted on Phil.

His first spell? Some of my best memories as a Shrimper. Built a superb team of players outperforming their abilities as a unit, all we could ever dream of. But the end of that spell was arguably the start of the spiral that sent us to where we are now. The contracts he gave out alongside Ron, breaking the dressing room with Ranger, etc. all while publicly courting any job going make it hard to look back on his spell as well as I’d like to.

Now? He’s made an impact, improved us all over the park and if he’d been here a month earlier, I think we’d have a chance of staying up.

Next season? Focusing purely on next season alone, I can’t imagine we’d find a better candidate.

Long-term? Is he the man to be here for 4/5 years and to rebuild? He clearly loves the club, is happy in the area, etc. but the last thing we need is for him to leave us in the lurch because another offer comes in. I’d trust him to give us a good crack of the whip next season and try to get things going, but this is a long-term project to reset the squad and start from scratch and he’d need to commit accordingly.

At 61he's hardly likely to be involved in the long term.

Back