• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank you Phil Brown for giving it a go

Surely it would be better for us not to go to away games and putting money into our competitors pockets enabling them to sign better players!?
Anyone who goes to these ****ty little clubs other notts county must be desperate!! Save your time,energy and money!

right man at the helm a stronger team than the last three seasons .A CEO with football know how .the slide maybe halted .

Phil Brown needs to be re employed straight away Ron use your bloody brain for once in your life .For the sake of Southend united Football club .Not your purse strings .Or that bloody stadium you want to build .

'That's the spirit'!.
ive seen every team since mid 70's and this is the worst..we are out of the league..do you think rons going to run this club any different! your off your heads.. we will continue to slide and once rons out and correct people in place..then and only then will we rise from the ashes.... money's no good if you dont know how to spend it? we can all buy crap players and the only things avail to us now is crap... the youngsters will have to drag our club up once ron is gone!

PB simply has to stay!

The change he has made in the team in 4 games is amazing! We actually look like we may score in the past few games.

His name will help us sign some of the best players in the league. With the right timing we should do a full pre season with him and his new team.

Senior players will stay under PB knowing he has the capabilities to get us out of the NL. If we can keep John White, Demi, Holmes, Dieng we will have a very good spine of the team in the NL and some natural leaders.

I think it’s our best chance of a bounce back!

PB simply has to stay!

The change he has made in the team in 4 games is amazing! We actually look like we may score in the past few games.

His name will help us sign some of the best players in the league. With the right timing we should do a full pre season with him and his new team.

Senior players will stay under PB knowing he has the capabilities to get us out of the NL. If we can keep John White, Demi, Holmes, Dieng we will have a very good spine of the team in the NL and some natural leaders.

I think it’s our best chance of a bounce back!
Holmes will definitely stay as he bought a house in billericay

Holmes will definitely stay as he bought a house in billericay
Both Holmes and White will be here next year. PB rates both- Holmes will have done himself no harm at all with his attitude over the last few games. He wasn't fit for Sat but has pain killing injections to give a do or die half. The exact opposite of hiding in the treatment room.

I guess it isn't only me who feels that this Summer is the most crucial for the club's future certainly since Sturrock's recruitment drive, and probably beyond.

Ideally we convince Brown to stay asap and that he is happy to work with Stan and Stan's CEO. A combination of Collymore and Brown, apart from being a potential Talk Sport pairing, are both passionate gifted speakers and media trained with good standing in the game so should be able to go some way to repairing our club's now very poor reputation.

Along with the passionate unified fan base, a competitive and sustainable playing budget and the support of a knowledgeable CEO; Stan and Phil should be able to sell the club as an exciting vision to any potential signing.

Phil has a track record of working well with lower league players, he has taken the current team from competing to stay in games into a team competing to win games in a relative short space of time.

There isn't a massive difference in levels between the top of NL and L2 as a whole, so as along as we get the balance between players who can look after themselves and those that can play, and are prepared to earn the right to do so, then we should at the very least be competitive, finally, in the division we find ourselves in.

Football is largely about momentum. We are in the biggest downward spiral in the club's history, and let's be honest Southend doesn't really do mid table mediocrity. If we can get our house into some sort of order early we maybe smiling this time next year.

Shrimper 'til I Die!

I vaguely recall reading/hearing that Phil Brown has some beef with Stan from their playing days.

This is probably the stumbling block. What's the betting Ron has already set sail on his annual 2 month cruise sans phone, sans computer, sans everything.
Hope not as he is suppose to be meeting Stan and the potential CEO soon. Ideally he appoints the CEO, ensures the playing budget is in place, treats himself to a round the World cruise and is only seen at our massive 1st round FA cup tie at home to L2 Sutton United. Well I can dream.....

I vaguely recall reading/hearing that Phil Brown has some beef with Stan from their playing days.
That would be our luck. Nothing is ever straightforward for us Shrimpers!

Back