• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
You may not have got us promoted but you have made it far more enjoyable to watch the team this season. Promotion essential next year though.

exactly, we all expected a mid table finish at the start of the season and we have done well for the majority of the season. It's just a shame we couldn't make it over the finish line. We must build on this for next seaon though otherwise i never see us leaving this league and time soon.

He's come up short, tactically! He's got good people advising on players thats about it for me. Quite indifferent about him wouldn't bother me if he stays or goes.

You cannot please the Southend faithful as many would argue with a sign post when we lose.
But thank you for the seasons lots of ups and downs but hey this is Div 4 in old money and you have brightened many a dull day ands that's not your tan
Stay another year and build what has been a decent season

Phil must have at least another full season as I think he has come up short at vital stages but IMO deserves another crack at promotion.

A few experts said we'd be going down, few of us expected promotion at the start of the season too, Brown has his faults but what League 2 manager doesn't? We could do much worse.

I think, perhaps, he needs to work on our ability to span both ends of the spectrum in terms of results and performances. It's no good having a run of 2 defeats in 17 followed by a run of 13 without a win. Similarly, at the start of the season, it's no use winning 3 on the bounce and then losing 4 in a row... Consistency is what he needs to strive for next season.

He will be a man under pressure next season though, that is for sure. Make no mistake, he was brought in by RM to deliver promotion, and that expectancy was only increase next year. I think he has done OK and there are a lot of positives to take 0 defensively we're sound, and our style of football is easy on the eye, BUT, we have to find a way to be more clinical in front of goal next season, and kill teams off at Roots Hall, which has again been a bit of an achilles heel.

If he was more in demand, I may have expected him to walk away after today, but where would he go? He came to Roots Hall to rebuild his reputation as a manager, and he's not fully achieved that yet....

.... I can't help but like him though... Annoying! :)

I did like Luggy and was underwhelmed when Brown was appointed, but I have to say that I have warmed to him. He hasn't got everything right, but we had a far better season than I could have hoped for. I think he knows only too well what and where we need strengthening for next year. His main task though will be keeping hold of our current best talent. We have a far better chance of holding onto them while Brown remains in charge.

I did like Luggy and was underwhelmed when Brown was appointed, but I have to say that I have warmed to him. He hasn't got everything right, but we had a far better season than I could have hoped for. I think he knows only too well what and where we need strengthening for next year. His main task though will be keeping hold of our current best talent. We have a far better chance of holding onto them while Brown remains in charge.

Brown has won me round, I have to say.

You were great in Dr.Who. What's Sylvester McCoy like in real life?

Thanks PB ,even though im far away and never get to see my beloved team , only in a stream when possible,what you and your satff have achieved this season is excellent.Im sure with the addition of a few more players to strengthen the squad , promotion will be achievable next season.

I think Phil Brown has done really well. His team made the play-offs and has operated on a shoe-string for much of the season. He has also built a young team that should, with or two or three acquisitions, should do even better next year. They guy really wants do well for the club and I think he done more than enough to justify another crack next season.

Remember he arrived quite late last season and with or two exceptions (ie Keith Hill at Rochdale) most managers require two years to really get things moving. And, by the way, Hill made many of his key signings for Rochdale in May and early June in 2013 when Phil Brown was clearly being constrained in the transfer market by the Chairman.

Final though. PB only just came up short. Unless I have this badly wrong the players like him. Is the reward of a new gaffe worth the risk of more than the usual player merry go round that comes between seasons?

I think Brown has done a good job for us, most fans thought we would be around mid table we have some good young players hopefully we can push on again next season.

I think he's done a really good job this season. He certainly won me round. He made some great signings, and players like Bentley, Leonard etc have improved immensely. The football has been very attractive to watch for this level.

Well done PB and I hope you stay on and finish the job next season. UTB

If we want him to stay or not its not up to Mr Brown himself .Its up to the idiot with the purse strings .I say he should stay and from the start of the summer be allowed to bring in players he needs to get us out of this dreaded leauge . If you want us promoted Ron Martin then back the manager who might just get us up . Plus with the attractive football he played last season he put bums on seats and raised the gate . PHIL BROWN MUST STAY .

It's nice to see a threat of positivity and support after such a frustratingly disappointing finale. My sentiments pretty much echo ace's, which I think pretty much makes me aces! But I've enjoyed our style of football so much more this year, been won round to a manager I was not enamoured about signing, and am looking forward to next season.

Three biggest signings next season, Bentley Leonard and a striker.

Up the Blues.

Back