• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thank You Ron Martin! …… Controversial Or Not?

I am grateful to Stan for pushing for change. I'm grateful to Kev & co for their work. I'm grateful to the players for their application and determination and I'm grateful to the fans for making their feelings known (even if I don't agree with the pitch invasion).

I am not grateful to Ron for what he did to this club as he stubbornly tried to run the club singlehandedly and took so long to realise what was painfully obvious.

I don't subscribe to the belief that he wants to ruin the club or that he asset stripped the club (that happened before his watch), but I will not forgive him, nor will I forget, for him landing us in our current predicament through **** poor management, dragging our club's name through the dirt and awful appointments.

No thank you.

Whilst it was absolutely right for people to point out the error of Ron's ways......I'll wager not a single person in the ground was thinking about a phoenix club 15 minutes into the second half.

There will be more than 8,000 v Grimsby and the Hall will be rocking.....And I like it, I la,la,la, like it.

8 unbeaten with RM at the helm. The personnel changes all masterminded by Ron and funded by Ron. 2 months ago it was Ron Out, so I asked again; where are the Ron Out brigade now we’re doing well!? Fickle fans as per usual
Has Ron promised you a nice new apartment overlooking Fossets Farm in exchange for posting propaganda for him on SZ?!

“Fickle” is the word I would use to describe you I’m afraid if a few results and a couple of new players makes the mismanagement of our club over the previous years go away.

Ron has dropped some monumental clangers. No argument there. He could also have gone for an easier life, pulled the plug on the club and with the council's full backing he could build more houses instead of a new stadium.

There appears to be a lot of back patting going on. Fans are claiming the protests and moans 'forced' Ron into the managerial appointments. I do not believe that for one second. He has 'complied' with wishes because it suited him and he saw it as worth a punt. If he had not valued the regime change then regardless of protests he would not have done it. His track record is testament to that.

As a club we have hit some highs that were tantamount to punching above our weight and some fans seem to think we have the right to return to glory days. They are wrong.

Events beyond RH forced us to be all-seater and safety regulations have further restricted the head count we can push through the turnstiles. In pursuit of better things we have haemorrhaged cash and will continue to do so until the Utopian world of FF becomes a reality.

We are not sustainable at the higher levels with our minimal revenue streams. Get used to it. Having a spell in the NL is not a punishment. It's the reward we earned and will serve us well. A reality jolt is no bad thing and it has already been a part of the transformation. If we had stayed up in lg 2 we would probably still be scrapping for mediocrity under an average manager and none of the building blocks would be laid.

Ron has overseen failure just as he oversaw the Championship days. His hands are tied. He is shackled by the financial reality of a club our size and its of income to support better times. Hopefully his new stadium plan will redress that. The new stadium is the only hope we have.

He is shackled by the financial reality of a club our size and its of income to support better times. Hopefully his new stadium plan will redress that. The new stadium is the only hope we have.
Don't agree with that in the slightest. He didn't offer to change...only when he was under pressure to do so (otherwise he would have already done it). Our finances have always been a mess and under Ron they have steadily got worse whilst he chases his dream.

Well it's all about opinions. What 'pressure'? Ron has had a section of the fans up his jacksy for decades. Protests, moans, groans the lot. Did it change him? No. The pressure you refer to is not even real. Just what do you think it could do? Nothing. It was a vehicle to express angst and allow some fans to believe they were actually doing something meaningful when it was actually meaningless.

The change came when SC used his high profile to publicly create a groundswell. Ron will have looked at that, probably with some contempt initially, and he thought, ok, I can't lose. Give them what they are asking for and if it works the club benefits and if it doesn't he can just tell you the fans got it wrong and SC is his scapegoat.

At the end of the day he did it because he chose to and was not going to lose either way.

The protests were not pressure on Ron. He ignored them before and would ignore them again if he didn't think the change benefitted him. It's a crapshoot and Ron still rolls the dice.

I am not having anything positive said about Ron Martin. His actions are the reasons that we're in this position and the only SLIGHT POSSIBILITY of getting out of it is by him being sidelined. Martin Out.

I am grateful to Stan for pushing for change. I'm grateful to Kev & co for their work. I'm grateful to the players for their application and determination and I'm grateful to the fans for making their feelings known (even if I don't agree with the pitch invasion).

I am not grateful to Ron for what he did to this club as he stubbornly tried to run the club singlehandedly and took so long to realise what was painfully obvious.

I don't subscribe to the belief that he wants to ruin the club or that he asset stripped the club (that happened before his watch), but I will not forgive him, nor will I forget, for him landing us in our current predicament through **** poor management, dragging our club's name through the dirt and awful appointments.

No thank you.
I do agree with all your points, however we are stuck with Ron as he he holds all the Aces in the pack. Better late than never, it is obvious that Ron now realises he got it wrong and has done something to put it right. Onwards and Upwards, Make Love Not War! COYB ,UTB :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: ??

Back