• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Thank you to all.

Agreed, thanks to the Mods whose unpaid and totally voluntary work for our benefit goes unsung for a lot of the time and I don't think anyone who isn't or hasn't been a mod knows what's involved here. This fans forum is really one of the best outside the Prem and the "big" championship clubs, it really is, and a lot of that is down to the diversity of poster and opinion we have on here.

Thanks to those who have made me laugh intentionally, thanks to those whose sheer comedy opinions also produce much hilarity, thanks to those who often disagree with me for (largely) being kind about it, thanks to those who think I'm just an old boring **** with outdated and self righteous ideas for not putting me on their ignore list (or have they? I guess I'll never know...) and a special thanks to those who have not lost the art of debate and discussion and who are prepared to use facts, logic and evidence to back up their thoughts and opinions.

That's what a forum is for. We don't all have to agree, in fact that would be a disaster and boring, but it's about putting forward different points of view that are valid discussion points and seeing if others share that opinion and if not, is their opinion a better option? We can't all be right or wrong all the time but every single one of us is entitled to their opinion on anything.

If the Zone could be improved then personally I would like to see less bigotry and prejudice within certain posts and for people to not attack someone because they hold a different opinion. Disagree with the opinion by all means, take it apart sentence by sentence if you have to and if you do, then more power to you as it shows you have thought about it and have a valid counter opinion.

But hey, it's still a brilliant place anyhow and I've probably been watching too much Ted Lasso.

Here's to next season when I'm sure we will still have a club to support.

Thanks Cricko and each and everyone of you Mods for the smooth running of the site!!

It's a great community and if you take a look at a lot of other clubs sites, although from time to time there are disagreements between some posters from time to time, there is no where near the personal abuse that you find elsewhere.

At the end of the day we are all Shrimpers who love our club, and it's great to have a Forum to voice our feelings good or bad, so thanks again and all the best to everyone on here that make it the Forum it is.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday!

Best wishes to all members!

UTB!

Best football forum I’ve ever been on, not just for the obvious reason it’s ours, but because it’s so quick and easy to navigate around without being bombarded with adverts. I was nosing around on the main Arsenal forum the other day, was such a painful experience I don’t think I’d even bother if I was a gooner.

We may be non-league on the pitch, but definitely in a champions league spot when it comes to fans forums.

I just want to echo all the plaudits in the previous posts on this thread. John and the mods do a great job in my opinion. Testimony to the quality of the forum is shown by regular posts from people who support other clubs. Assuming our club will still exist after tomorrow, long may the Zone continue.

Back