• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks Col Ewe

Didn't know there was a time limit.
sad.gif

They can have it. We can pay it.

Why can we pay it? Coz we went to a final. At who's expense?

laugh.gif

f**k off Col Ewe.

****s.

We hate Col Ewe, and we hate Col Ewe,
We are the Col Ewe... haters!

mad.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ April 29 2004,13:34)]Anyone seen today's Echo? We've been fined £4K by the League after Col Ewe complained we didn't pay their gate receipts from the LDV home tie on time.
Maybe, just maybe though the Club should of paid the Money on time.
It can ill afford to pay a £4000 fine even if we did get to the Final.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ April 29 2004,13:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ April 29 2004,13:34)]Anyone seen today's Echo? We've been fined £4K by the League after Col Ewe complained we didn't pay their gate receipts from the LDV home tie on time.
mad.gif
When should the club have paid it by?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 29 2004,13:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ April 29 2004,13:42)]
[b said:
mad.gif
When should the club have paid it by?
Not sure, but that's immaterial.

If they were set a deadline to pay they should of done so. After all they had already taken the Money, so what's the problem.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shepherd's Bush Shrimper @ April 29 2004,13:53)]According to the Echo within 10 days of the Roots Hall game, but we paid their slice about a week late, so Col Ewe complained.
f**king bunch of carrot crunching w***ers, they probably had a bad crop this year and need to compensate from that.

I trust Ron Martin will deduct it from his "management fee".

Given that both "chairman" are on the Football League Board of Directors, I am surprised this could not have been resolved more amicably (or certainly less expensively).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 29 2004,14:51)]Agree with Beaver, it's hardly Col U's fault.....
Firstly: they did get paid... and just a bit late... it's not as though we're holding the money.

Secondly: yes, we should have paid on time and late is late... but hey... what's a week or so to reasonable people?

Thirdly: this is Col Ewe we're talking about... so they're ****s.

End of.

tounge.gif

Bunch of inbred feckers.

Ed, I don't suppose it was a story you wrote was it?
wink.gif

I can't believe the double standards on here - I take it people are saying this stuff with tounges firmly placed in cheeks. Imagine the fuss that would have been kicked up on here had C*l U not paid up!

As Beaver so rightly puts it, this is £4K we can barely afford to lose, especially over something so trivial as seven days. As usual, it smacks of a lack of communication again, as there may, just may, have been a chance of being able to pay late had the two clubs discussed it.

On another totally unrelated issue, it's my view that if a hypothetical club were hit with any sort of hypothetical club fine, the funds could easily come out of what was gained from the difference between the official hypothetical crowd figure and the unofficial one. So, hypothetically speaking, it wouldn't hurt hypothetical club finances at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 29 2004,14:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 29 2004,14:51)]Agree with Beaver, it's hardly Col U's fault.....
Firstly: they did get paid... and just a bit late... it's not as though we're holding the money.

Secondly: yes, we should have paid on time and late is late... but hey... what's a week or so to reasonable people?

Thirdly: this is Col Ewe we're talking about... so they're ****s.

End of.

tounge.gif
I take it this is a tongue in cheek comment as someone else mentioned.

Yes they may have been paid late, but yes of corse we were holding the money. We're talking about considerable sums of money here that would have been earning substantial amounts of interest on our accounts.

Einstein

Yes, I'm sure that the £4k could have been put to very good uses on behalf of the club rather than chucking it down the toilet, metaphorically.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 29 2004,14:46)]Yes they may have been paid late, but yes of corse we were holding the money. We're talking about considerable sums of money here that would have been earning substantial amounts of interest on our accounts.

Einstein
So what you are saying is that it was better to pay late and acrue a rather small amount of interest and then pay a whopping £4000 fine.

Glad you not my accountant.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 29 2004,14:42)]On another totally unrelated issue, it's my view that if a hypothetical club were hit with any sort of hypothetical club fine, the funds could easily come out of what was gained from the difference between the official hypothetical crowd figure and the unofficial one.  So, hypothetically speaking, it wouldn't hurt hypothetical club finances at all.
Why not pay the money on time anyway to be 4 grand better off though? You're hypothetical case falls down...again...

Back