• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thanks Col Ewe

Actually Beaver i think he is agreeing with you that we did get benefits out of not paying the money.
Other people are saying that it was only a week late and we gave it eventually but thats not the point. If I gave work at Uni in a week late then i would lose 50% and a much as i hate to say it Col Ewe are right.
If it had been the other way round we would have been up in arms if they hadn't been fined so I'm afraid this is only fair.
Rules are there to be followed.

The accounting argument really falls down as well. If, they managed to secure a massive 10% interest on their money, the effect over a week would be negligible until you start getting to figures of £200,000, where you may cover the fine. No real benefit made surely.

Once again, you've missed the point. There would be no damages on official hypothetical club finances if the fine was paid out of unofficial hypothetical club funds. The only people that'd be hurt by this would be hypothetical club directors unofficial pockets, not the hypothetical club itself.

Honestly, some people are sooooo out of touch ....
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ April 29 2004,15:31)]Actually Beaver i think he is agreeing with you that we did get benefits out of not paying the money.
Other people are saying that it was only a week late and we gave it eventually but thats not the point. If I gave work at Uni in a week late then i would lose 50% and a much as i hate to say it Col Ewe are right.
If it had been the other way round we would have been up in arms if they hadn't been fined so I'm afraid this is only fair.
Rules are there to be followed.
Not sure on that.
I may of mis-interpreted what was said but don't think so.

However at the end of the day we are £4000 down, and that ain't right, and could of easily been avoided.

As you say rules are rules, why break them and then suffer a heavy penalty for doing so.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,14:50)]Yes, I'm sure that the £4k could have been put to very good uses on behalf of the club rather than chucking it down the toilet, metaphorically.
sad.gif
Well esp when the trust is having to buy equipment for John Stannard !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ April 29 2004,14:50)]Yes, I'm sure that the £4k could have been put to very good uses on behalf of the club rather than chucking it down the toilet, metaphorically.
sad.gif
Well esp when the trust is having to buy equipment for John Stannard !

To be absolutely correct, we aren't having to buy equipment for John Stannard. We weren't asked but we volunteered to put up money for those pieces of equipment that John required last season and followed up with the same offer this season. We have also sourced two hydraulic physiotherapy tables for John this season.

To help and not to hinder!

no beacuse the tables were avery reasonable deal, my boy!!
wink.gif

£4,000 is an amount that many supporters would have to work for several months to accumulate. It is annoying to see it wasted.

But then the club are always finding innovative ways to waste money, often in the guise of false economies.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ April 29 2004,15:31)]Rules are there to be followed.
Yeah, but this is the fcuking inbred fcuking farmers!!! Surely we can make an exception for those ****s?!

mad.gif
wink.gif

Matt

P.S. FWIW, I think we're bang to rights; were the boot on the other foot, I'd be expecting the club to screw every last brass farthing out of the Farmers.

Yup there is no way that Col Ewe are in the wrong.

I would like to know why the money was paid late though.

All together now...

Your sister's your mother,
Your father's your brother,
You all f**k each other,
A Col U family.

As with everything, though, there's more to it than meets the eye.

In the normal course of today, I've spoken to a cluib director. It appears that Colchester United have not gven us a penny of their gate receipts either. The accounts bods within both clubs came to a informal agreement. As Southend would have a far bigger crowd, we agreed to 'net off' our gate receipts against theirs and pay them the calculated balance.

It seems to be that Colchester have not given Southend full details yet of gate receipts of the first leg. It's more an oversight on ther part than being un-cooperative. Southend have waited for this information for finalising the accounts.

It seems that somebody at Colchester, out of sheer spite, informed the League that they hadn't been paid and so a fine has been imposed, which is something along the lines of gate receipts + 1% interest a day. It should also be noted that the fine goes to the Football League and not Colcheste United so the Ewes had nothing to gain financially from complaning in such a way.

Now if this vesion of events is true it sheds a different light on things. If I was Ron Martin I'd explain the situation and appeal, no way should we take this lying down.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 29 2004,18:39)]As with everything, though, there's more to it than meets the eye.

In the normal course of today, I've spoken to a cluib director.  It appears that Colchester United have not gven us a penny of their gate receipts either.  The accounts bods within both clubs came to a informal agreement.  As Southend would have a far bigger crowd, we agreed to 'net off' our gate receipts against theirs and pay them the calculated balance.

It seems to be that Colchester have not given Southend full details yet of gate receipts of the first leg.  It's more an oversight on ther part than being un-cooperative.  Southend have waited for this information for finalising the accounts.

It seems that somebody at Colchester, out of sheer spite, informed the League that they hadn't been paid and so a fine has been imposed, which is something along the lines of gate receipts + 1% interest a day.  It should also be noted that the fine goes to the Football League and not Colcheste United so the Ewes had nothing to gain financially from complaning in such a way.

Now if this vesion of events is true it sheds a different light on things.  If I was Ron Martin I'd explain the situation and appeal, no way should we take this lying down.
Just read the paper and was seething at how we could **** something like that up, but if what you are saying is true then I hope we go all out and clear this, hopefully they'll get hit with a fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 29 2004,17:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Bambi @ April 29 2004,15:31)]Rules are there to be followed.
Yeah, but this is the fcuking inbred fcuking farmers!!!  Surely we can make an exception for those ****s?!

mad.gif

wink.gif

Matt

P.S. FWIW, I think we're bang to rights; were the boot on the other foot, I'd be expecting the club to screw every last brass farthing out of the Farmers.
Oh Dear. Where has that nice quietly spoken clean cut Matt gone? Too long sitting with all those rough types in the South Upper, I fear! All this bad language is making my ears burn!

rock.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

Ron says in the paper that SUFC were only slightly late, and C*lchester were very quick to complain(greedy gits).
sad.gif

At least Ron's showing some loyalty.
biggrin.gif

We hate Col Ewe!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ April 29 2004,15:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 29 2004,14:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ April 29 2004,14:51)]Agree with Beaver, it's hardly Col U's fault.....
Firstly: they did get paid... and just a bit late... it's not as though we're holding the money.

Secondly: yes, we should have paid on time and late is late... but hey... what's a week or so to reasonable people?

Thirdly: this is Col Ewe we're talking about... so they're ****s.

End of.

tounge.gif
I take it this is a tongue in cheek comment as someone else mentioned.

Yes they may have been paid late, but yes of corse we were holding the money. We're talking about considerable sums of money here that would have been earning substantial amounts of interest on our accounts.

Einstein
Yes, it was tongue in cheek.

I'm still in shock that anyone in Colchester has the ability to actually 'read' the regulations, let alone fill in the paperwork to file a complaint.

Glad another "bad news" story emanates from Bernie Friend. Probably part of the "smokescreen" for this season.
mad.gif

Back