• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
A 3-2 loss to Morecombe shows how bad things are.
Tilly was not the problem it was you Ron Martin and most Southend fans allow you to get away with it.
Paul Sturrock has done well with the resources you have given him just like Tilly did.
The way i feel tonight i can not put into words but you have distroyed this club more than any other person I have ever known.
The day you leave the better for SUFC

Steve Tilson/Paul Sturrock well done for trying to get results but with Ron Martin as chairman you will never get the full support you wanted or need.

At what point is the manager accountable ?

He has the players he wanted and picked the team.

Does this mean the players and manager will never receive criticism because its always Ron Martins fault ?

Tilson had it taken away last season with players not being paid etc and this was down to Ron Martin
Sturrock has said he has got in what the club has given him in funds!!! nothing!! this is down to Ron Martin

So answer to your question yes its Ron Martins fault

Tilson had it taken away last season with players not being paid etc and this was down to Ron Martin
Sturrock has said he has got in what the club has given him in funds!!! nothing!! this is down to Ron Martin

Whats that got to do with losing to Morcambe?

This is the same team that beat Bristol City and almost took Wolves to penalties.

How many other League Two sides or even League One sides spent any money this year ?

Quite simple really........Martin out.

Listening to BBC Essex on the way home, and someone said Martin is the saviour as he's steadied the financial ship. It made me chuckle

Quite simple really........Martin out.

Listening to BBC Essex on the way home, and someone said Martin is the saviour as he's steadied the financial ship. It made me chuckle

I hate ron martin more than i have hated anyone before. Wether that makes me sad and bitter then so be it.

Am waiting for someone to have a go at me Jack as I have not stopped since last season and will continue until he has gone.
He has destroyed my club and sometimes I feel am the only one that see's it.

I hate ron martin more than i have hated anyone before. Wether that makes me sad and bitter then so be it.

What makes it worse is there are still people who try and see good/innocent in him*. The guy is a weasle and a ****.

*cue Jam man claiming no-one thinks that :)

Am waiting for someone to have a go at me Jack as I have not stopped since last season and will continue until he has gone.

I will never stop hating him, and will put the least amount of money into his pocket as possible. But cant see him going.

Martin OUT! :)

Up the Blues :support:

Don't worry Badger,you are not alone by no means that excuse for a chairman is running out of allies fast,the team and attendances are falling faster then a whores drawers.

Was thinking after that shower of ***** today, how long would the fans give Sturrock, or will he be in the 'his hands are tied by RM camp' and given plenty of time to turn things round.
After last seasons group of cant be bothered players, albeit with sufficient reason, this lot look pretty much the same but lack the quality of last years team. Only Granty, Barker, Hall on his day and Simpson would not look out of place in a division above. The rest will be inconsistent over the season and will be shown to be everyone elses unwanted cast offs who are happy to pick up their salary for whatever shift they put in.
Sturrock says the right things but I dont see the passion out there and his body language says it all.
If he has signed these players, as he said, on the basis that they could perform at the next level too, then I fear for our footballing future and that spells trouble for Ron and our club.

You are certainly not the only one and there are about 1500 others who have voted with their feet and stopped away because of Martin. I am sure we all know someone who has stopped coming to home matches because of what RM has done with our club.

Time to move on and accept what we have. That is Ron Martin and Paul Sturrock, if we want to continue to support Southend United then we just have to get on with it. Of course we can be unhappy about the way things have happened but some people really do have to get past the Tilson thing. It was not entirely Ron Martin's fault we dropped from Championship to League 2 and many were calling for Tilson to go long before things got really bad last year. We needed a change, though I, like many, don't agree at all with the way it was handled.

Is it Rons fault that he isn't a multiple millionaire? It's fine to blame him for everything but there doesn't appear to be a better option.
Do you think he didn't want to pay the players? Do you think he wouldn't love to spend millions in the transfer market? If Ron hasn't got the money he can't spend it but most people seem to think a football club chairman has a bottomless pit of cash. Why is that?
Now I'm not a Ron fan and I doubt many are but his easiest option at the moment is probably to send the Club into liquidation but he manages to keep it going. Just tell me what bette alternative there is.

Last edited:
Back