• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the fact they were available on a free had a lot to do with it, seeing as they were on the transfer list for months before their release without a single interested party.

Fair to say our current crop were freebies though weren't they? Didn't see many big clubs come in for them

For goodness sake..... we lose a home game, and all of a sudden, the complete world is in turmoil, and everything is doom and gloom!! Please, get some perspective people!! TRUTH

As I said on another thread, we're all aware of what happened last season, and how the club has fallen on desperate times, and who is ultimately responsible for that, but purpose does it serve by continually raking over old ground, and looking for someone to blame, when we can't change what has happened? TRUTH/FACT

We got beat on Saturday because we made 3 defensive howlers - Partly, IMO, because our Captain and protector of the back four, was out injured. It's not RM's fault we lost, it's the fault of the back four who, for some inexplicable reason, pressed the self destruct button. HIGHLIGHTED IS FACT, THE REST IS OPINION/TRUTH

It's easy to say, oh look how far we've dropped, losing at home to the botom team in the football league, but let's not forget, Morecambe reached the play offs last season, and I'm willing to bet their league position is down to a post play off defeat hangover - they won't be anywhere near the foot of the table come May. FACT

Aside from that, what gives us the right to turn up and beat a team like Morecambe? Answer, nothing does. If you take Bradford City as an example, they were a Premier League team no so long ago, have a super stadium, average between 10/11,000 each week, and yet have been in this division 3 seasons , and show absolutely no signs of mounting a push to get out of it this season - we don't have a God given right to win games at this level just because we were in the Championship 4 seasons ago. FACT

I think people need a reality check. We're a League Two team right now, and we're a League Two which has had an influx of 22 players in a 6/7 week period, with a brand new management team. Does anyone honestly expect us to gel as a team this quickly? To be honest, some of the performances we've put in so far this season have been well beyond what I expected, and it shows what we're capable of, but so early in the season, consistency is going to be an issue until everything beds down. We have some good players in our squad now - our squad is arguably a lot more talented than the one we had last season, and I honestly thjink with a proven, and experienced, man at the helm like Sturrock, we will steadily climb up the league over the season, and maybe be in with a shout of securing a play off berth, but it's going to take time. TRUTH/FACT/OPINION

Mosni is a case in point - he has the potential to be a super player, but he's learning, and it will take time for him to learn and adapt to the harsh realities of League Two football, and the physical side of the game. THIS IS OPINION, BUT MOST WILL AGREE.

I think, rather than jumping around getting all hot under the collar, we need to give the manager and the team a little slack at the beginning of this season, and we need to start moving forward as a club - it's no use whatsoever continually harping on about what has gone on in the past - No one here is a fan of RM, but that said, he has still managed to get us a manager in place who, IMO, is better than managing at this level. HIGHLIGHTED IS TRUTH

Everyone needs to pull in the same direction, and if we do, you may be surprised at where we end up come May.

Explained as requested.

Grays, you shouldn't get so uptight about things. You have your opinion that I actually agree with. But RC's post is a correct and complete summing up of what has happened in the last weeks!

Last edited:

Explained as requested.

Grays, you shouldn't get so uptight about things. You have your opinion that I actually agree with. But RC's post is a correct and complete summing up of what has happened in the last weeks!

If you scroll up, you'll see my version of it. As I said just because you agree with it, doesn't make it fact. There'll be people who agree with my views. Doesn't make it fact

Fair to say our current crop were freebies though weren't they? Didn't see many big clubs come in for them

I'm not saying that, though, I'm saying that we shouldn't be heralding those who have departed for joining clubs higher up the league spectrum until they manage to hold down positions because, at the moment, they're merely squad players... Nobody wanted them when they'd cost something, much the same as our current crop...

If you scroll up, you'll see my version of it. As I said just because you agree with it, doesn't make it fact. There'll be people who agree with my views. Doesn't make it fact

Yep, I've read it, looks like we agree with each other then.
I didn't say that an opinion is a fact, but it can be seen as a truth. I don't take things that I agree with as facts at all!

Back