• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DSC_1100.jpg

OK, there appears to be an appetite for a bit of nostalgia and whenever Chesterfield (or Port Vale) roll in to town I am always reminded of that time we played both at home at Roots within 24 hours.

Vale were first up and dispatched 5-0 thanks to a Guthrie hatrick and a brace from everyone's favourite - Billy Best.

Then Chesterfield rolled in to town and were cuffed 5-1, Guthrie and Best getting two each and Moore netting the other.

How good was that? "Must go to football more often" I instructed Mum when Dad brought me home after the second game. "We always win easily." Mmmmm

It was Easter and so it had always been the plan to play both games on the bounce. Today's footballers would cry at the thought (bar Barrett but it would prob finish him doing it).

A couple of interesting bits from the prog:

- Tommy Horsfall's wonder goal from the previous home match gets a worthy mention when on his debut he beat four men to score the third. I remember that!

- There is an article on Mr AE Smith who had followed Southend since ...... 1906!

Oh, and the programme has that lovely musty smell. Am a little high now. :stunned: