• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That Mitchell And Webb Look

Love all three, but M&W definitely is one the best sketch shows of recent years, maybe since the untouchable The Fast Show?

I've not seen any of the previous series but watched the last two weeks as I've liked David Mitchell in other shows I've seen him on but so far just not getting M&W - maybe it will grow on me.

Agree. Mitchell and Webb are very fine comic actors- Peep Show is one of the best comedies of the last 20 years. However, every sketch show the BBC has commissioned since the Fast Show ended has been utter guff.

I've not seen any of the previous series but watched the last two weeks as I've liked David Mitchell in other shows I've seen him on but so far just not getting M&W - maybe it will grow on me.

The first series was much better.

I don't mean that particularly as a criticism, because it was better than everything else on TV (then and now).

I think that M&W is great, but the IT Crowd is definitely funnier!

I find Shooting Stars very repetitive and predictable, although some parts of it are hilarious.

The first episode was good, thought the second one last night was disappointing and Im a huge fan.

Not as funny as it used to be.

I have a mate who works for a BBC company who put it out on DVD. He told me after the sucess of the Peep Show the BBC offered M&W a six figure sum for DVD rights. It totally flopped and the news series they reluctantly paid £20k for DVD rights and they did that for political reasons.

Peep show is fantastic but its written by someone other than M&W so my mate tells me.

The new series is as funny as canver sadly as I like them.

I didn't think it was bad at all, i've seen a lot worse (Horne and Corden springs to mind).

Not as funny as it used to be.

I have a mate who works for a BBC company who put it out on DVD. He told me after the sucess of the Peep Show the BBC offered M&W a six figure sum for DVD rights. It totally flopped and the news series they reluctantly paid £20k for DVD rights and they did that for political reasons.

Peep show is fantastic but its written by someone other than M&W so my mate tells me.

The new series is as funny as canver sadly as I like them.

Canver is funny though.

ps it's well known peep show is written by other people. i liked some bits of last weeks episode - last nights sadly was lamentable.

Pretty much continuing the theme. I think David Mitchell is excellent on the various shows he appears on (QI etc). I love Peep Show, but then they don't write that. That Mitchell & Webb Look though is average at best, poor at times.

I thought the first episode of the new series of Shooting Stars was good - yes it's repetitive but that's sort of the point. The last episode of the IT Crowd was excellent though, first comedy show in quite a while that really has made me laugh out loud.

So far pretty disappointed in this series. By their own admission their sketches are hit and miss but far too many misses for my liking.

I think last night I laughed twice and am finding Im actually skipping certain sketches.

Roll on Peep Show....

Back