• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barmy Army

Director
That wasn't the new Southend that we have come to expect that played out there today. A distinct lack of passion, determination and all round care.

I haven't knocked him before, but Jupp was a main case of this. He didn't care. He played other teammates into trouble with poor passes, leaving his positional area wide open when gallavanting forward, and poor attitude shown arguing with Cort. That really ****ed me off. I can see what other people are saying now, I doubt he is particularly bothered if he comes back next season.

Next on the hitlist is Bentley. He's had some good performances recently, but today barely broke out of a trot. He did little to help Maher in the centre of the pitch, and for his size isn't imposing enough in tackles. His passing was also a little too casual for this division.

Constantine ran his socks off today for the team, even tracking back to the defensive third and retrieving the ball in the second half. Dudfield tried in vain to spark things upfront, but got no support. Maher did what he could in a weak midfield. Hunt had another solid game, but playing him on the right-wing makes little sense to me. We missed Warren immensely today, so why not move Hunt to CB and give Clark a run from the start, or Jenkins? Also thought that Corbett has come pack with a bit more weight than before his layoff, and seemed that any pace he once had was ineffective today against a good division 3 side.

As I said I believe Yeovil to be a good division 3 side, and if we are supposed to be up their challenging for promotion next season we shouldn't be being beaten 2-0 at home. Points can be made for injuries to key players, but today was poor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 24 2004,17:35)]I haven't knocked him before, but Jupp was a main case of this.  He didn't care.  He played other teammates into trouble with poor passes, leaving his positional area wide open when gallavanting forward, and poor attitude shown arguing with Cort.  That really ****ed me off.  I can see what other people are saying now, I doubt he is particularly bothered if he comes back next season.
Saying he didn't care is harsh, because whenever we missed a chance you could tell he was hurt, but I agree his attitude has been awful lately. He was moaning at Cort all game, even though IMHO Cort was better. I like a bit of passion but Jupp just moans all game even though he was very poor today. Ran a lot but with no end product, and as usual his passing was appaling and he walked off the pitch straight away at the final whistle (infact Connie was the only one who came round and applauded the fans)

Today was a typical we are safe, cant be arsed, suns out, nice day sort of game. No one was interested not even the crowd, my only observation is that players who are on the fringe ie clarke, corbett,bramble etc should have give it their all because they are playing for their careers, but they showed very little. So goodbye Husbands, Bramble,Clarke, Odunsi,Corbett,thanks for not much.

Think you will find Bramble has another year,and how can you say goodbye to Odunsi,he was starting to be a good hard midfielder before his injury against Huddersfield,have you forgot his goal already.
We need asettled team,remember THE LAST TWO SEASONS HAVE BEEN A MERRY GO ROUND OF PLAYERS,WE DON'T NEED THAT AGAIN:angry:

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ April 24 2004,17:35)]As I said I believe Yeovil to be a good division 3 side, and if we are supposed to be up their challenging for promotion next season we shouldn't be being beaten 2-0 at home.  Points can be made for injuries to key players, but today was poor.
Just for the record, Yeovil currently have ten first team players injured.

I thought you said you weren't one to rub it in?
laugh.gif

I am not and won't but you can't blame injuries when we have our fair share as well.

Wasnt there today so its not fair to be to critical but if we are to be pushing for promotion some of Wignall,s dead wood will have to go along side a few we kept on last year that really are no hopers no names mentioned .

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Wasnt there today so its not fair to be to critical but if we are to be pushing for promotion some of Wignall,s dead wood will have to go along side a few we kept on last year that really are no hopers no names mentioned .

And very nice and peaceful it was without your aggressive behaviour towards the opposition and officials
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GeordieDazza @ April 24 2004,21:41)]I am not and won't but you can't blame injuries when we have our fair share as well.
Tp be fair though your key players weren't injured such as the big defender who seems to be everywhere and that Rodrigues whatever! I know your main keeper is out, but the replacement seems fine, we made a mockery of ourselves yesterday, but with those key players back we would've given you a game, I hope!
rock.gif

AND as for getting rid of fringe players that you name, especially Corbett! How could you? Just before he got injured we played him upfront against Lincoln ands he scored twice also he seems to have a good penalty on him even better than Connie! Keep Corbett because we can easily get him fit again, and he has all the talent that he needs and a keen eye for goal. Leave Clarky alone he's a sexy boy!
tounge.gif

(Good gravy these conference up starts give them a bit of momentum from non-league and a few oaths in the team and they think they're are IT, they'll all be like Maccelsfield and R&D in the end)
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

I dont think we should get rid of Corbett. He's one of the most talented players at the club and if he can stay fit he could be valuable next season( at least it'd be better than having people who aren't natural wingers like Hunt or Bentley). Not sure about Clark, hasn't really been given much of a chance this season. He's still young so I think we should keep him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpboy @ April 25 2004,18:07)]He's one of the most talented players at the club and if he can stay fit he could be valuable next season( at least it'd be better than having people who aren't natural wingers like Hunt or Bentley).
But Corbett's a forward!

TANNIS I was a kind helpfull well behaved supporter Jan saw to that . Then I met up with you and bad boy george and ive never been the same since .

Back