• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
When we thrashed top of League One QPR 4-0 in the LDV Cup back in 2003/4, the QPR Manager moaned that it was "humiliating"

The name of the QPR Manager - current Premiership darling Ian Holloway.

yeh great game, still got that on video, drewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Steven (Stephen?) Clarke scored a great goal, he should have score a lot of great goals in his time, but sadly his brain box didn't allow it!

yeh thought he would do more at roots hall but picked up to many injuries and never really got as many games because of it.

cracking game !

travelled to and from roots hall with 2 qpr fans, who on the way there were talking about how great a day out at wembley would be.

reminded them of that comment all the way home :)

Steven Clark's goal was one of the best I've seen at Roots Hall. If I remember right it began with a corner for QPR and maybe ten seconds later was in the QPR net. Is it on U Tube? I don't think it is - any chance of the guy with the game on video putting it up?

This win was all due to Freddy Eastwood (who he got lucky with), like all those other successes under Tilly

This myth about Eastwood spouted by someone who seemed to want to discredit our previous management and repeated by a few fans wanting to give them little credit (not you, Ailsa Road - I get your irony) makes me laugh.

Was Freddy there when T&B amazingly turned around our fortunes in their first season, with that incredible escape from relegation and trip to Cardiff? Did he feature in our record 8-match league one winning sequence when he was banned and then not picked? Did he get us to the Play Offs the year after we were relegated? Was he there when we gave Chelsea a scare both at Stamford Bridge and Roots Hall?

Freddy was exciting, but the lack of other credit is a complete insult by some with short memories to Tilly, Brush and the other many talented and hard-working players who fought their heart out as part of those successful teams before, during and after Freddy's stay with us. Some of Freddy's time with us also involved a player whose mind appeared to be elsewhere and didn't perform. I'm not knocking Freddy, who was immensely exciting to watch when his mind was on his game and he scored some of the best goals I've seen for us since Stanley, but T&B deserve a bit more credit for their six years of success (before their "squad" was decimated and treated so badly) than just having got lucky with Freddy.

But I guess because T&B didn't criticise their squad in public, weren't the most eloquent at interviews and stuck to a formula of keeping things simple, their successes must have been just pure luck.

Last edited:
I have the match ball!!!!!
As i left the west it came over the top and i put it up my jumper!!!
Went down ground a few days later and got it all signed

One of the best SUFC games I've ever been to, and don't forget the 5-0 thrashing we gave them live on Sky Sports when they came back to the Hall in the Championship season!

Steven Clark's goal was one of the best I've seen at Roots Hall. If I remember right it began with a corner for QPR and maybe ten seconds later was in the QPR net. Is it on U Tube? I don't think it is - any chance of the guy with the game on video putting it up?

I've got it on the 03/04 season review DVD. No idea how you'd get that up on youtube. (Or if you're allowed :unsure: )

Amazing night. In my top 5 SUFC games

Same! Infact the 5-0 thrashing in the Championship was a good one too!! ROYCIE IS A SHRIMPER!!!
Makes me want to talk about my all time favourite Southend United games.. (4-0 defeat against Darlington away where many fans started pretending we'd scored, Shrewsbury away when only about 36 of us went there as it was a re arranged tueday night game and the Lincoln City play-off final around my birthday would be another 3 I quite enjoyed!)

cracking game !

travelled to and from roots hall with 2 qpr fans, who on the way there were talking about how great a day out at wembley would be.

reminded them of that comment all the way home :)

The final was played in Cardiff. Either the QPR fans were ******** (not unlikely) or your 'memory' isn't strictly accurate.

Absolutely brilliant.

Particularly enjoyed that their end was packed out and they expected a result.

Of note was the couple of mincers in the Away End. The chant of "does your boyfriend know you're here?" Seemed to go down a treat with the home faithful but when a group of their fans unsuccessfully stormed the West turnstiles and a police van had to separate us it just soured their night even more because fortunately there were no injuries to what could have otherwise marred a great night.

Bonjour.

Back